Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2011, 14:59   #181
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate

This stuff looks effective...

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
While the 'useful idiots' of the West pay to dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 03-02-2011, 15:43   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelex 77 View Post
Scientifically controlled tests are expensive...
Not necessarily. No one here is demanding (or expecting) anything that would be expensive.

Try this... Find four boats with similar bottom configurations, and owners who use them in similar ways. I could find good candidates here in the Tampa Bay area in about an hour. Haul each one. Put anti-fouling bottom paint on two, along with some sort of cheap electronic gizmo that looks and sounds kind of like the ultrasonic thingy, but doesn't really do anything. Put paint with no anti-fouling properties on the other two, along with the ultrasonic thingy. Don't tell the owners which one they have. Do tell the owners that they should not have their bottoms cleaned, or their boats hauled until the experiment is over. A year later haul all four boats again and compare the degree of fouling.

Voila! While not a strictly controlled scientific test, I'm pretty sure that would be enough to satisfy the majority of readers here. Cost, extremely minimal.

And yet none of the manufacturers of these wonder devices seem to have ever done this simple comparison. Or maybe they HAVE done such a comparison and it didn't come out the way they hoped, which is why they don't talk about it.
Old 03-02-2011, 15:55   #183

Why argue ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Originally Posted by Bagwain
Some would not believe that we have over unity devices!!!! YES
But that is another story ...Great news!

I’ve always thought that the (1St & 2Nd) Laws of Thermodynamics should be repealed as overly restrictive of my individual freedoms. The authority of the law of conservation of energy rests on the results of observations to date, and obviously, it does not necessarily follow that all future observations must agree. So, I'll keep an open mind, pending your evidence.

However, it seems that a lot of people fail to distinguish between an open mind, and an empty head.

Open mindedness doesn't consist of believing...
Isaac Newton discovered an over unity device: a solar system and universe held together by gravity. He, however, was wise enough to keep the secret to himself and was rewarded with his name being placed on Laws of Motion that are still used today. Still nobody knows what gravity is or where it comes from. We do know how to do arithmetic ~—> calculus with it and get to the moon; how to track asteroids, comets, galaxies and everything. Where to look for things when 'The Void' goes away...

Now try this experiment: pick up a younger member of your tireless family and spin so that their feet don't touch the ground. Note carefully how long it takes you to get tired. Our planetary system has been spinning around for more than 4 billion years without showing any corresponding tiredness. Wisdom does not consist of explaining the inexplicable but learning to live with it. Of course: gravity is free and it can't be patented, yet

So I neither believe nor disbelieve the sonic disruption of marine growth on boats vs depth sounder transducers using particular waveforms & frequencies. Its a lot less stressful than worrying about who's right. One day I'll come across an example and can start learning at that point.
Old 03-02-2011, 17:18   #184
CLOD

Boat: none
Not that it has anything with the anti-fouling, but.........................I was really looking forward Gord to the answer of what the dryer has been doing with those socks! Only to find is been sending them to the void. I'm feeling let down!

Now back to thre anti-fouling.................we hope it it works. We really do! Prove it to us please in a way we can believe! Telling us it does and quoting a couple of tests (every manufacturer no matter how crappy their product may be can come up with a couple good choosen stories).
Old 03-02-2011, 17:56   #185
cruiser

Boat: Cowther 43 - Hunter 40.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Wade View Post
Isaac Newton discovered an over unity device: a solar system and universe held together by gravity. He, however, was wise enough to keep the secret to himself and was rewarded with his name being placed on Laws of Motion that are still used today. Still nobody knows what gravity is or where it comes from. We do know how to do arithmetic ~—> calculus with it and get to the moon; how to track asteroids, comets, galaxies and everything. Where to look for things when 'The Void' goes away...

Now try this experiment: pick up a younger member of your tireless family and spin so that their feet don't touch the ground. Note carefully how long it takes you to get tired. Our planetary system has been spinning around for more than 4 billion years without showing any corresponding tiredness. Wisdom does not consist of explaining the inexplicable but learning to live with it. Of course: gravity is free and it can't be patented, yet

So I neither believe nor disbelieve the sonic disruption of marine growth on boats vs depth sounder transducers using particular waveforms & frequencies. Its a lot less stressful than worrying about who's right. One day I'll come across an example and can start learning at that point.
I suggest you do some reading on physics and astronomy. Its a widely held belief that as our galaxies drift further apart, the lights will fade and we will have a dark universe. Our planetary system is showing tiredness all the time. The moon now rotates so one side faces the earth at all times due to the effect of earths gravity. The number of hours per day has decreased on the earth because of the same effect, and the moon is moving away from the earth thanks to the friction of tidal forces. Please do some Googleing on the subject before you argue my reply.

Cheers.
Old 03-02-2011, 18:36   #186
cruiser

have you ever seen a picture of a horse in full gallop, and it appears the horse is leaning backwards and or maybe running b ackwards?

its a snapshot

looking at or observiing or making a determiniation on some calculations of whether the solar system is tired by noticing hte nmoon is a bit further from the earth and or matched rotation to the earh, (not necesarily slowed or stopped), but matched the rotaion of the earth, is not necessarily a slowing or tiring of the universe

at the few milleseconds of an explosion there is an acceleration and we could be in that point now...

btw, math doesnt answer hte universe.. that is the problem... einstiens theory cant be extended all the way to explain the 'theories'
Old 03-02-2011, 18:57   #187
cruiser

Boat: Cowther 43 - Hunter 40.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergovoy View Post
have you ever seen a picture of a horse in full gallop, and it appears the horse is leaning backwards and or maybe running b ackwards?

its a snapshot

looking at or observiing or making a determiniation on some calculations of whether the solar system is tired by noticing hte nmoon is a bit further from the earth and or matched rotation to the earh, (not necesarily slowed or stopped), but matched the rotaion of the earth, is not necessarily a slowing or tiring of the universe

at the few milleseconds of an explosion there is an acceleration and we could be in that point now...

btw, math doesnt answer hte universe.. that is the problem... einstiens theory cant be extended all the way to explain the 'theories'
You didn't bother to google it did you?

http://www.astronomycafe.net/qadir/q1282.html

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/moonrec.html

This is a measured FACT. Should you deny it you may as well believe the earth is flat.

Sorry, but I will believe the consensus of the scientists, physicists and astronomers who came to these conclusions by generations of cumulative knowledge and experimentation over someone who philosophizes over it in passing. The argument that because we don't know everything also means we know nothing is absurd.

The moon and earth scenario is just one piece of the puzzle.

The horse does not look to be going backwards to me.

Cheers.
Old 03-02-2011, 19:18   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Wade View Post
Isaac Newton discovered an over unity device: a solar system and universe held together by gravity.
No, he didn't. The solar system is not an over unity device, and all indications are that Newton knew that.

The solar system is slowly winding down. It will eventually quit working, unless some outside energy is added. Of course, in this case "eventually" means, maybe, 20 billion years from now.

Yes, that's a very, very long time. Nonetheless, the solar system is NOT an over unity device, and there is not even the least shred of evidence to indicate that Newton ever imagined that it was.
Old 03-02-2011, 19:19   #189
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cooper 416 Honeysuckle
At this point in the conversation a return to earth and sailing/cruising related issues would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 03-02-2011, 19:26   #190

Boat: 29'
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
This stuff looks effective...
thanks for that...
Old 03-02-2011, 19:51   #191

Seems like I have some interest???
Apologies if some people have been offended.
However it seems that some people have not read my posts (or in part) and have just jumped on to certain remarks and tried to offend me.
Being in sales for over 30 yrs has given me thick skin so no offense taken.
I have given a small amount of info and it is all that is going to be given until some more testing is done.
At least I am having a go at something that may/will be of benefit to whom ever instead of just sitting behind a keyboard and wasting others time.

What is being done is being done and it will be enough to get the ball rolling.
So please be skeptical as much as you want and wait with baited breath!!
Old 03-02-2011, 19:57   #192

Boat: CT 54... for our sins!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisail View Post

The horse does not look to be going backwards to me.

Cheers.
Yeah.............. but you didn't have any money on it did you!!!

www.windwanderer.weebly.com
Old 03-02-2011, 20:11   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagwain View Post
So please be skeptical as much as you want and wait with baited breath!!
I'm sure I saw Boatman post a youtube clip with a cure for 'baited breath'

Sorry Boatman, call me a skeptic, but I'm really not at all sure their Satchmo cheeked, through-hull antifouling claims hold a lot of water... there was a good line in there somewhere... just couldn't find it

Old 03-02-2011, 20:24   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
I would like to discuss a subject that I am sure most individuals simply
take as a fact of our daily existence: losing things!

An example: on more than one occasion while working on the car, I would
drop something--a nut or bolt--and look for it in every location it
could possibly have landed, only to discover that it was just not there.
What would add to the frustration of the whole experience was that once
I had surrendered to the futility of the search, there the object would
be...in plain sight.

My mother used to say when something had strangely disappeared that it
had fallen into a void. Later, when the object was recovered, it had
somehow fallen back out of the void. That explanation did not satisfy my
need to understand this mysterious phenomenon. I am happy to announce,
after years of diligent effort, the answer is available.

The turning point in the investigation was the realization that certain
types of materials have a greater chance of being affected by this
phenomenon. (This was discovered only after the disappearance of socks
was found to be caused by an entirely different set of circumstances.)
While this temporary disappearance can happen to any object under the
right conditions, it occurs more often in metal objects subjected to a
great deal of stress in their formation (i.e., nuts, bolts, earrings,
keys, etc.).

What occurs is that when the object falls and strikes the ground, this
causes vibration at the atomic level. In objects with a highly ordered
crystalline structure (metals), it is possible to get all the atoms to
vibrate in unison if the object is below a certain limiting size. So
this usually happens only to small objects; the conditions required for
this to happen to very large items will be discussed later. When the
neutrons vibrate in unison it causes the subatomic gravitons to emit a
type of energy not yet fully understood. The phenomenon has been named
Graviton Oscillation Neutron Emission, or GONE for short. This energy
field actually causes the object to shift in relative time. The degree
of temporal shift is dependent on the amount of energy released It may
shift just a few moments, in which case you may find the object while
conducting your search. On other occasions it may take minutes, hours or
months, or you may never catch up with the item in the stream of time.

For larger objects the energy from the impact is not sufficient to cause
a shift in time. However, sympathetic vibrations due to resonance can
spread throughout the structure, causing the temporal shift to occur
later. This has been observed in mall parking lots where a car door had
been slammed, and after a few minutes have passed the car disappears.
This phenomenon is usually accompanied by a position shift as well, such
that when the automobile reappears, it is in a different parking space
than the one you are quite sure you left it in. In a few instances the
vehicles have been found miles away from the point of disappearance,
somewhat worse for wear from their journey through time and space. And
often missing tires and electronic components, oddly enough.

So, now that this phenomenon is understood, it should relieve us all of
unnecessary anxiety. When you can't find your keys or your car, just
wait--it's only GONE temporarily. It will pop up when it falls out of
the void.

Got it!

We nickle plate our barnacles to disguise them as metal, and drop them in Gord's engine compartment... then they're GONE!

BUT... as soon as we relax they'll be back, so we have to move the boat to another bay, so we'll be GONE

But if we're both GONE at the same time, isn't there a risk we'll meet up in GONE-ness and defeat the whole exercise???

Hey... It's 5 o'clock somewhere... and I've been practicing... but I'm not as thunk as drinkle peep I am...

Old 03-02-2011, 20:43   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstbttms View Post
Oh, but didn't you know? This guy has figured it out, where everybody else has failed! Don't let the fact that he has zero proof, other than an anecdote about a single boat in Thailand keep you from dropping the big bucks on his system.

By the way Fastbottom
- maybe a lot of money has been spent on the technology?? Maybe vast amounts of time has been spent on testing, maybe the frequencies are and have been available via universities online for years and just maybe "This Guy" is only one of many involved and just maybe many other tests have been done in other areas
Closed Thread

Tags
anti-fouling