Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-03-2019, 09:48   #1

Marine ply in Jacksonville FL

Short question, but does anyone know of a source of marine plywood in Jacksonville FL?
sailingunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2019, 10:00   #2

Re: Marine ply in Jacksonville FL

You probably know this. If it's structural, not aesthetic, exterior ply uses the same glue. Just not the same grade of wood. There may be a few voids or surface imperfections.

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2019, 12:11   #3

I did not know that, thanks. Might work for some parts of this project. Looking online actually it looks like home depot in fleming island carries marine grade plywood, but with poor reviews.
Old 27-03-2019, 08:31   #4

Boat: 16' Canoe {Northern 25 previously}

I bought Home Depot Exterior Douglas Fir 8mm (3/8") & 12mm (1/2") .Had the dark glue lines of resorcinol glue , have not found any gaps after cutting a fair bit of it ,used the 8mm for 9mm as it is stiffer , four ply in the Fir ,5 ply in marine 9mm 3/8"....Good one side ,not bad stuff and under $45 Can { $30 ish US} will be glassing with 6 oz & epoxy both sides ....
Jimmathieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 08:49   #5

Boat: 16' Canoe {Northern 25 previously}

Seafarer Marine
Jimmathieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 17:50   #6
CHM

Boat: Beneteau Moorings 432

Florida Southern Plywood. They have marine ply and are located in JAX.
CHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 11:43   #7

Good afternoon,

I am the manager of Hood Distribution. We are a hardwood lumber and plywood distributor located in Jacksonville, FL. We also offer other products outside of the cabinet business to include Marine Grade plywood. Both in AB fir and BS1088 Okume. If anyone on this forum is interested please look us up and give us a call. I know someone mentioned Florida Southern Plywood and we are located right near them. This isn't an advertisement but more of an attempt to let people here know we are out there and can offer some products that people on this forum often look for.

Thanks
Justin
nitsuj378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 12:43   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj378 View Post
Good afternoon,

I am the manager of Hood Distribution. We are a hardwood lumber and plywood distributor located in Jacksonville, FL. We also offer other products outside of the cabinet business to include Marine Grade plywood. Both in AB fir and BS1088 Okume. If anyone on this forum is interested please look us up and give us a call. I know someone mentioned Florida Southern Plywood and we are located right near them. This isn't an advertisement but more of an attempt to let people here know we are out there and can offer some products that people on this forum often look for.

Thanks
Justin
Thanks for the info Justin, I think most people look at the word distributor and automatically think not open to the public. I'll be giving you a call.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:55   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingunity View Post
Thanks for the info Justin, I think most people look at the word distributor and automatically think not open to the public. I'll be giving you a call.
That's a good point. We are a distributor with a lot of wholesale business. However we do have a retail front with access to every product we stock. Please check us out sometime!

Thanks
Justin
nitsuj378 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacksonville, marine