Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-12-2023, 05:35   #1

Boat: 2010 Jeanneau SO 44i
Sound insulation for motor room

Hi all,

I am looking for recommendations on effective sound insulation For my diesel motor room.

As am contemplating re-sound proofing my Yanmar 4jh5e motor room
The outer coating is flaking off the open cell foam that was installed during commission. Right now this insulation is 2 inches thick (I would add more if it would be more effective and space allowed. I have contained this flaking outer coat with tyvec house wrap, it works well and holds up to the occasional rubbing when I need to use the access options to inspect and work on motor.

As an aside the motor mounts are in great shape and the room has an aggressive exaust fan.

To the install point has anyone made their insulation removable for when work needs to be done?

Sadly my hearing has paid the price from a career around horn sirens and loud diesel hydraulic engines.

Thanks in advance.
Kd9truck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insulation, motor