Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Engines and Propulsion Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2011, 11:23   #1

Boat: Freedom 39 pilothouse
Perkins 4.108 Raw Water Pump Drive Tab

Can anyone explain how the drive tab is mounted into the fuel injector pump hub? The long story is that I am replacing my 4.108 and was working with a rebuilder who provided a long block (basically a standard Perkins minus the marine specific stuff). I pulled the oil pan with siphon, front cover with pump mount and drive hole, exhaust manifold/heat exchanger, bell housing... from the original and am adding to the rebuilt block. Due to a broken finger I shipped the core back to the rebuilder with a couple of minor components left on which he was nice enough to pull and send back to me. One of which is the drive tab for the sea water pump. It appears to be a press fit into the front of the fuel injector pump hub. Is there a bushing between the hub and drive tab? It seems that I do not have sufficient clearance to press the drive tab in. Is there a specific procedure? I assume that this must be done with pump and hub mount so the circlip can be in place with the drive tab pressed in after the circlip. Is this correct?
Thanks in advance.
OldRover is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
perkins, perkins 4.108, raw water, raw water pump, water