Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Engines and Propulsion Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-06-2015, 17:17   #16

Boat: Liberty 458
Re: md6a, replace lift/feed pump with electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepFrz View Post
I'm wondering about the air going into the racor instead of fuel coming out. Do you have a vacuum gauge on the filter? It would help clarify this type of situation. I once had a blog of black tar like substance block the fuel line at the 90 deg. angle on the fuel pickup. Filter was clean of course because not much could get through. Usually a fuel starvation situation the engine will rev up just before dying however you could have a situation where you are getting enough fuel in to keep it running at a lower RPM.. I guess its also possible that you picked up something on the prop and shaft. That would explain the sudden drop in RPM as well. Best of luck.
Old fuel lines can delaminate internally. Sometimes you can have a little flap of inner hose block the line.

Replacing the lines is probably a good idea anyway.

Blowing air through the lines can work. I've had better success using a mityvac to check for blocked lines. Especially on the suction side.

You may also have bits of hose getting stuck in the one way valves in your lift pump. Are you finding any chunks of hose in your filters.

Having a vacuum gauge on the suction side is a good indicator of pending blockages.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
leftbrainstuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, lift