Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Engines and Propulsion Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-08-2015, 19:51   #1

29 yr. old looking for advice on gaining experience in Engineering

Hey Guys,

My background was working in the petroleum pipeline field out of Pasadena, Texas. I worked for 5 years as a pipeline operator. From the age of 22-27.
I started working with sailing yachts about a year and a half ago. First as a instructor and now with a charter company doing charter briefings and basic maintenance. I have the following certificates: I.Y.T. Yacht-master coastal, Day skipper instructor, Eng-1, STCW-2010, R.I.B master/ 10m power coastal, VHF-radio operator, CPR/1st Aid, Padi Dive-master, Dive boat mate/ Yacht deck crew. I have been gaining as many certificates as i can. Also, I am taking the I.Y.T MOY 200gt. limited/Offshore course in the near future.
Im looking for advice on a good way to gain experience in engineering working towards being a qualified member of the engine room or marine engine operators license. Then after time, towards gaining the Y4 license.
First I will take the AEC(Approved engine course) then I am seeking advice to getting started.
( I am able to seek opportunities worldwide)

Any tips or ideas guys?

Thanks for your time !
HTN85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, engine, engineer