Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2019, 10:49   #1

Thoughts on this Aventura 44?

https://www.aventura-catamarans.com/en-au/aventura-44

I discovered it after finding a boat tour of their Aventura 34 which reminded me of the love child of a Maine Cat 38 and a Fountaine-Pajot. The 34 looks like a great day sailor and island hopper, but then I saw the 44.

Up to this point, I've been considering buying a Helia or the new FP 45 so I'm framing this in comparison to that boat since they're so similar.

Things I like:
Style - Very similar layout and design aesthetic to the Helia 44. Smart salon layout with a true forward facing nav station. You do lose the roof deck lounging area, but there is a lot of room for solar up there. Even little details like having the head in a separate room from the sink/shower is a smart theft from FP.

Performance - While I love the Helia and the new FP45, they are getting heavier as they prioritize comfort over performance. Outremer and the like go too far the other way for me so I'm curious if this boat could be that sweet spot. She's only 9.5T vs the Helia at 10.8T with similar sail area.

Price - Unknown, but the 34 starts at $200k. These look to be built in Tunisia so quality control will be something to be aware of.

What I'm not so sure about is the transom area. I love a bench seat at the back as I just feel it makes the cockpit safer on a true Bluewater cruise. The 34 has the Davits right against the bench, but there is a walkway/platform here that could be good or bad. I'm undecided.

While some people hate the notion of a high volume production cat, I actually see it as a positive. FP, Leopard, and Lagoon make so many of these boats, problems get discovered quicker and they can afford to iterate faster. This wouldn't be the case with a small manufacturer like Aventura.

Curious for feedback on the 44. My goal is to spend 3 months out of the year on the boat between the Med and Caribbean with the eventual goal that someday, I would take it into the Pacific and just keep heading west.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 10.46.25 AM.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	289.3 KB
ID:	193230  
Thalas is offline   Reply With Quote