Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-03-2013, 19:40   #16
Marine Service Provider

Re: Gemini?

It won't be ArtM because the thread is from 2010.
ausaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 12:06   #17

Boat: WTB Lagoon or Leopard 38'-40'

Dammit, what is with all these threads getting reopened from 4 years ago? There has a been a ton of this lately.
ArtM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 07:17   #18

Boat: TPI Lagoon 35ccc Catamaran designed by Morrelli & Melvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtM View Post
Dammit, what is with all these threads getting reopened from 4 years ago? There has a been a ton of this lately.
ArtM,

Note that CaptNery just joined the forum in January. Maybe he is not familiar with your posting etiquette rules!

Perhaps it might be appropriate for you to politely suggest to CaptNery that his post might be better placed in a new thread, maybe titled "Upgrading/refitting a Gemini 105" where members might benefit from reading about his "experience and mistakes" and/or "feedback" could be offered from Gemini owners or other forum members.

Marshall
Old 19-03-2013, 10:14   #19

Boat: gemini 3200

We've got a '91 3200 Gemini that we've had for 5 years as the third ownwers. Yes, we've done some work over the years but no more than other boats we've owned. For the money, you can't beat these cats for fun, comfort and speed. We cruised the Bahamas for 3 months and the keys on 2 other occasions and found the boat can take a lot more than we can.

YMMV

CHeeRS!
-dennis
fla.sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 10:25   #20

No offence to the Cappy. It seems that this has become increasingly common, and I was only wondering what was the driving factor.

And expressing my frustration that I keep replying to ancient posters when I forget to check the date, or having to delete a response after I discover that the original post is over a year old and no longer relevant.
Old 19-03-2013, 11:06   #21

Boat: TPI Lagoon 35ccc Catamaran designed by Morrelli & Melvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNery View Post
I have a 1996 Gemini 105 M. I am in the process of doing some work on it...I am posting pictures and descriptions of the project at: About Time Sailing - www.about-time-sailing.com
Hopefully some of you can profit by my experience and mistakes. All feedback is welcome
CaptNery,

As this is quite an old thread with a vague title, and recent posts have caused some frustration to some members, I suggest your post might be better placed in a new thread. The original thread was about purchasing a Gemini--you could start a new thread now that you have purchased your Gemini.

I think a new thread could possibly start quite a lot of sharing. Maybe the thread could be titled something like Upgrading/refitting a Gemini 105 and be a thread where members might benefit from reading about your "experience and mistakes" and/or "feedback" could be offered to you from Gemini owners or other forum members

Others might take a look simply because it is a new thread. You could simply copy your post from here and create the new thread or I believe you could ask a moderator to move it to a new thread.

I'll be interested to see/read what you do to your boat. Good luck.

Marshall
Old 19-03-2013, 17:22   #22

Capt, now that I've found your post thanks for that post. It's a great blog, and a great way to share your undoubtedly hard-won education.

Great, clear photos - very educational. Thanks again.
Old 25-03-2013, 14:42   #23

I have recently purchased an older Gemini 3000 (hull 196) from a good friend who owned it since inception. I've day sailed and cruised the boat and for the money, it is the best I have seen, encountered and used. I live on the SW coast of Florida and the Gemini is exceptional in our shallow waters. I prefer the older model that uses an outboard engine - fewer problems and easier solutions. There is a Gemini users group on Yahoo that you can join for further information. I understand that the newer Gemini's have been built with rental in mind as they are very comfortable, easy to sail and much roomier than an equivalent monohull.
Attata196 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gemini