Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2014, 06:42   #16

Boat: FP Belize, 43' - Dot Dun
Re: Converting Belize 43 from Charter to Owner-Like version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom and Maje View Post
Tom and I have decided to get an FP. I'm open to a 4-cabin design that we can make changes to. He's much more focused on a 3-cabin version. I ended up talking with a guy who works for a charter company that has FPs and he told me that not only are none of the interior cabins/heads structural, but FP uses the same basic hull for both 3 and 4 cabin layouts. He said on the 3-cabin version you can see the rough floor for the 4-cabin version under the sofa.

Maje
True, the same 'basic hull' is used for both the 3 & 4 cabin versions. But there is no 'rough floor' in the 3-cabin version under the sofa. He may be referring to the under floor tabbed bulkheads, but I don't think they are there just to set a head on them.

When converting one to the other, don't mess with the major bulkheads, the ones separating the berth/floor space in the forward cabins. The bulkhead for the aft cabin on the starboard side of the 3-cabin version has been opened-up quite a bit to provide for the 'suite-like' feature. The door at the top of the starboard steps would be easy to replicate. Building the head in the forward starboard cabin will require a substantial amount of fiberglass/gelcoat/paint work, but certainly can be done (using flat sheets and making a floorpan mold).
DotDun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:59   #17

Boat: Leopard 40

I don't think we'd go that far. I'm mostly interested in storage and workable space. But It's nice to know that I don't have to worry about having to rip out anything structural.

Maje
Tom and Maje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 14:32   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanCollins View Post
AWESOME, thanks so much for posting this.

Interesting that they are changing the orientation of the galley kitchen as well, am flicking through pages now and added to my bookmarks list.

Really wish there was a sunreef owners forum but I guess too few owners out there to justify it.
I was seeing this Cat tied up at SAlt Creek last couple years and wondered what was amiss-now I know.G
geoleo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Belize, belize 43, charter