Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-04-2024, 22:04   #16

Boat: Outremer 55L
Re: Cheap Dyneema trampoline net from Amare, someone have that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Tin View Post
Dyneema on dyneema for lashing trampoline is fine, it hardly stretches and so you won't need to re-tighten every so often like poly or nylon.
We’ve got polyester 22x22 mm netting with 8 pass polyester cord on the lashings. Since tightening the trampolines on installation 6 years ago we haven’t had to touch anything. We did tighten very, very tight and did prestretch the netting before cutting it to size (we bought bulk netting from a fishery supply shop).
fxykty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2024, 23:13   #17

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxykty View Post
Polyester is recommended because it does the job (4 passes) and is relatively inexpensive. You absolutely can use 3mm Dyneema, 2 passes will be plenty and use plenty of half hitches to tie off because it’s slippery.
Great, have no use otherwise for that much 3mm Dyneema so perfect i can use 40-50m of the approx 200m for the trampoline.
Changed my mind and ordered the white one now as cat is white/orange and with blue lashing will look cool too. Take the risk it could change color due to UV.
Yes i plan to do it very tight with very little gap around the net, so little strech is welcomed. Will do the lasing like this lagoon, have the same attachment points.
with the poly too much of a gap at the moment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240426_071507_Chrome.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	356.1 KB
ID:	289233  
CaptainRivet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2024, 20:30   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainRivet View Post
Great, have no use otherwise for that much 3mm Dyneema so perfect i can use 40-50m of the approx 200m for the trampoline.
Changed my mind and ordered the white one now as cat is white/orange and with blue lashing will look cool too. Take the risk it could change color due to UV.
Yes i plan to do it very tight with very little gap around the net, so little strech is welcomed. Will do the lasing like this lagoon, have the same attachment points.
with the poly too much of a gap at the moment.
That’s a single line lashing system and 3mm (uncovered?) Dyneema will work but may be prone to chafe on the tight bends at the grommets. If your Dyneema is covered then chafe won’t be an issue.

The net you’re getting doesn’t have that grommet edge piece, does it? If not, then uncovered will be fine.

We had white trampoline netting when we bought the boat and replaced with black. Looks super good and disappears at night - was an act of faith at first to step out into what looks like empty space!
Old 27-04-2024, 02:27   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxykty View Post
That’s a single line lashing system and 3mm (uncovered?) Dyneema will work but may be prone to chafe on the tight bends at the grommets. If your Dyneema is covered then chafe won’t be an issue.

The net you’re getting doesn’t have that grommet edge piece, does it? If not, then uncovered will be fine.

We had white trampoline netting when we bought the boat and replaced with black. Looks super good and disappears at night - was an act of faith at first to step out into what looks like empty space!
Color choice here is the typical dynema silver grey or white. White fits better, lets see how long thats white...
Its a polyester covered one so basically dyneema core is 1.5mm. I have these grommets on 3 sides and at the crossmember its metal U-pieces you can move.
Can i actually connect the net on the grommets on one side directly and only lash 3 sides?
Reason is the deck at the mast has a light curve down and if you drop eg winch handle it can slide down and if the is a gap between deck an trampoline on that edge it can fall into water....happened to me once with a screw driver.
When i put the net on that one side directly on the grommets there is no gap. 3 side then lashed.
Saw that on one photo when i was looking for nets.
Old 30-04-2024, 00:09   #20

Boat: custom trawler catamaran 50 feet

Quote:
Hi multihullers,

Does anyone of you using the super cheap dyneema trampoline net from Amare ?
https://store.armareropes.com/eng/re...ctInfoDetailed
It’s super cheap with 19,50Euro per sqm…wanna use the 15mm x 15mm so the net is 175 Euro for my FP Lavezzi 2m x 4,3m
Is it comfortable and ok?
hello , this is the correct price and this cie is genuine, you americans use to pay the heavy price for marine chandlery, iti is just the european price and a lot of trampoline are made with this material .
rapanui 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2024, 00:20   #21

Boat: Woods Mira 35 Catamaran

Anyone has successfully painted one of these white or grey Dyneema nets black?

If yes, what paint did you use?

I like the price Captain Rivet quoted, but light colors look horrible on our cat, been there, done that.
Old 30-04-2024, 13:44   #22

I have painted Dyneema (from Net Systems) netting with Clark & Kensington semigloss exterior latex which is working well some two years and going in sub-30N latitudes. Mine is white but I expect you could just have colour added for whatever you want
Leadfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 05:50   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franziska View Post

I like the price Captain Rivet quoted, but light colors look horrible on our cat, been there, done that.
I changed to the grey which is the typical silver grey dyneema color. Amare ships only DHL express and that’s a hefty 129Euro shipping to canary island…still cheap but for a small net like mine nearly doubles cost.

Was looking for dyneema dark grey and only found what young barnicals from US used in black but it’s over 100Euro per sqm and 40x40 which is by far too big.

Black polyester I can suggest the laser nets from lindemann, you can order via timeout.de:
https://www.lindemann-kg.de/de/produ...ngewebe%20290g

Another very cheap option with net being 5m wide, so for yours you just order the meters you need:
https://www.hst-spielgeraete.de/zube...ro-m::492.html

Loftnet hat 15x15 polyester in schwarz mit hemline und günstige fertige Netze, für meine Lavezzi wäre es 480Euro:
https://www.loftnets.com/de/trampoli...f1515t_schwarz
Old 01-05-2024, 07:29   #24
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64

Quote:
… hefty 129Euro … nearly doubles cost.

… but it’s over 100Euro per sqm …

… Another very cheap option …
Expensive, expensive, cheap cheap!

Paint with house paint

s/v Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 07:51   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Jedi View Post
Expensive, expensive, cheap cheap!

Paint with house paint
Wow you are tolerant
The links for the net alternatives I found in German sailing forum and several used it partly since years and are happy with it.

Especially on The trampoline nets there are prices from 200 till 3500 Euro for my Lavezzi but if you have a closer look these nets are made with the same sub supplier nets (eg the Ferrari one or from Amare), some add just a hemline and add 300% plus their name/brand and other add a „frame“ with grommets but in the end it’s the same net…so why not get the one from the original sub supplier, add hemline which is very easy and safe a lot of money.
Here it’s really the marine rip off…well and if it dies a bit earlier for 300 Euro no problem getting a new in 5-7 years, still saved a lot money.
Other made them of fishing nets and are happy since years.
The net doesn‘t serve any structural purpose I need to just lie and walk comfortably on it, the rest looks and luxury.

Why I want dyneema net is I can put a lot tension on it so it gives me more stability walking on it and also better chilling on it which you cannot do with polyester nets.
Old 01-05-2024, 08:25   #26

Quote:

The Amare net is coated,I assume you cannot color that afterwards.
Old 01-05-2024, 23:25   #27

Quote:

Why I want dyneema net is I can put a lot tension on it so it gives me more stability walking on it and also better chilling on it which you cannot do with polyester nets.
That may be your experience with polyester net trampolines, but not our experience. I’ve related our polyester net experience and can assure you that our trampolines are very, very tight. Always need to be careful with blanket statements.

One other point - are the trampoline mounting points and backing structures on your boat sufficiently strong for no-stretch Dyneema tightening?
Old 01-05-2024, 23:28   #28

Cruisers Forum Supporter

What I mean with my previous comment is that you are focused on it being cheap instead of the quality and comfort, performance. It’s a trend.

Old 02-05-2024, 00:24   #29

Boat: Woods Mira 35 Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Jedi View Post
What I mean with my previous comment is that you are focused on it being cheap instead of the quality and comfort, performance. It’s a trend.

For some, it's simply a question of budget, just saying...
We each make our own compromises, nothing wrong with that. Peace.
Franziska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 06:34   #30

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
For some, it's simply a question of budget, just saying...
We each make our own compromises, nothing wrong with that. Peace.
Sure but that doesn’t mean that working within a budget means you must buy the cheapest option regardless of quality. At some point quality becomes too low and it simply doesn’t work in a tight budget when it requires premature replacement.

Maybe the old trampoline will do for another year or some other item can wait a year, allowing for a little more budget to open more options for a buying decision. I am convinced that the cheaper option isn’t the least expensive. Often the higher quality options are less cost for the lifespan.

Tags
cheap, dyneema, ramp