Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2004, 13:56   #16

Boat: 2004 Manta 42 - Perseverance
Congratulations to mpk and henryv, and welcome to the new boat club (even if it is just new to you)! We are still on the learning curve with our new multihull, but loving every minute of it.

Best of luck to you both. Hopefully, we will cross paths at some point.
Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 11:37   #17
mpk

Thanks Harriet- the last few days have been a little nutty. I was looking at a few old posts to research and I found that (I think) you used Chuck Kanter for your survey. He's doing ours as well and I an thrilled since it was his book that guided us most of the way. I believe that you chose IMIS for insurance (the reason for my research primarily) and I have heard nothing but good things about them. A serious candidate... I will continue to sift through the old stuff- meanwhile I started a thread on security systems to see what I can see. Thanks for your posts!
mpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2004, 09:23   #18

Congratulations and my condolences to you on now being cat owners!

For years I wanted a catamaran, and for four years now have been in love with Vinga, even tho' she's the biggest pain in the neck all too often. I've had such joy, and such pain because of this ownership!

And you will be still learning things about your boat forever. I'm still just a beginner, after four years onboard, at knowing what's what.

Try to watch everything that anyone does for you. KEEP A DAILY LOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot tell you how important this is! You will be looking back at how and when things were fixed, where you were, and what happened. Other boats, and their owner's names. Keep another log of parts numbers, sizes, dealers, and etc. Write down every detail of everything that you can think of.

And, I've just learned to take photos of everything. Get a digital camera, and get a BIG memory card to go with it. Mine's good for 400 photos. The pictures are priceless. Of wiring, the engines, the installations, everything. Oh, and I do take pictures of Mr. Kitty when he's napping on my laundry with a big smile on his little face.

Cheers,

Melissa
MelissaK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ownership