Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-05-2012, 19:53   #1

Boat: Bruce Roberts 57
Send a message via MSN to Boreas Send a message via Skype™ to Boreas
Vagabond 47

Hi I have just looked a Vagabond 47 and it is realy in bad shape as far as the wood work goes and the instruments are almost non existant. I have a corbin39 for sale in Australia but now live in Venezuela. The Vagabond is closer than sailing the corban39 back to Venezuela where i purchased her.
The Corbin39 is a great boat but the cost of sailing her back to Margarita where i purchased her is to great.

What I would like to know is how to rebuild the woodwork on the back and the surround the deck has no teak on it. I do not know what timber the interior is ?? If its teak or some other wood. I have just renovated a large house in Venezuela and have huge amounts of timber that looks like teak but could be anything do not know how to tell different woods apart..

The Hull and motor and rigging look fine. The yacht is sailable but looks disgusting as its been neglected.

If the price is right and the owner accepts my offer i will restore her to original condition would appreciate any input from owners . by the way my corbin39 is on ebay at present great buy and huge loss to me as i spent a fortune on her.
Boreas is offline   Reply With Quote