Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-07-2006, 05:37   #1
cruiser

Giving Away My Charter Business - FREE to first person

Hi Guys,

I realize that maybe this should go into the "for sale" section. Please let me know if I need to move it. If not, I am giving away my charter business FREE!!!

No joke. I am highly motivated to move onto the next phase. You all know I put about $23K into this boat. It's in great shape and has top quality equipment. I need to move onto my next phase, so I am giving the charter business away!

What does it include?

*Website
*Thousands of dollars of existing reservations
*Marketing/PR
*Linens, Dishes
*2006 Achilles 10' hard floor inflatable
*Sharp Aquos TV and entertainment system
*Little Cod (yeah... I know some of you will toss it in the trash anyway!)
*etc... etc...

Turn Key!

If you can qualify for a loan to purchase the boat at fair market value $120K, I will GIVE you the charter business for free. You can't beat that. A boat that pays for itself and then some - the business is profitable beyond boating expenses.

I will give this business to the first person who can come up with the check for the boat.

Capt Sean
ssullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2006, 05:57   #2

Boat: No sail boat, 25' Century Center Console power boat
Wish I knew how to sail. I checked out your site a couple of days ago and actually thought about visiting you sometime, too bad you can't find a way to keep it and still go ashore. I thought it would make a great vacation for an aspiring cruiser to stay aboard your boat and sail with you, learn a bigger boat and check out the lifestyle.

Believe me I know how life can change VERY QUICKLY and we must adjust. Good luck to you, and what you are offering looks more than fair to me. I can only speak from the perspective with which I have much experience, the business perspective, and what you are offering and at that price is more than a good deal.

Bueno Suerte!
Dreams of Sailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2006, 05:19   #3
xort

what happened?

Sean
Can you share what has caused you to drop your B & B?
Ed
Old 24-07-2006, 14:43   #4
cruiser

Sure, Ed. We are unexpectedly expecting to have a kid!

Because of this, we have to move to a model where we have less boat, or possibly a land-based lifestyle. We are quite likely moving to a land-based lifestyle as it looks right now.

The business is running very well. We turned away a $5K charter for the first week of August, and turned away a few thousand dollars of charters here and there as well. Even turning those away, I just did $3K in business in the past week. We are turning these away because we are running short on time planning out our next step.

Anyone who took this business over could easily make another $10-$20K before the season slows down here. The business pays for any loan an owner might have on the boat, all expenses and still allows the owner to put a modest amount into savings.

Now if I could move this onto land and continue....

But of course, having a charter business on land won't work. I have to give it up. My reasoning for giving away the business (instead of selling for the $200K the business broker said it's worth) is that I can help someone else live out their dream without eating away at their retirement nest egg. Also, I don't want to wait 6 mos to a year for that purchase to go through.

I'm not as interested in greed and material possessions as I am in making the right choices and helping others along the way. So I see it as mutually beneficial for me to leave as soon as possible, while helping someone live a dream.

Please feel free to email me at the address listed on my website, or call the number there to discuss further. I have 3 people looking at it right now. 2 are looking into loans and one (who hasn't come to see it yet) has suggested he wants to pay cash.
ssullivan is offline   Reply With Quote