Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-02-2006, 12:58   #1

Boat: Tartan 26 "Trilogy"
Creekmore Sailboats

Does anyone know anything about these sailboats? I am interested in any information you have
mathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2010, 11:23   #2

Boat: Creekmore 45, Cutter, "Nerissa"
Send a message via Skype™ to John908
Have you given up on this now?
John908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2010, 21:39   #3

Boat: Tartan 26 "Trilogy"
Wow, yeah, pretty much. I always thought they were beautiful boats, but I never could find out all that much about them. I ended up going first with a Columbia and am now on a Tartan.
Thanks,
Matt
mathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2011, 20:08   #4

has some one ever found info on creekmore sailing performance? i read they are 3 inches thick below water line. all glass no core. would like to know more about these boats.
actor44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2011, 20:55   #5

Creekmore Yachts 40+'

have u seen this ?

father and son designers .from the 60's through 80's lots of info on there build etc
chadlaroche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2011, 21:06   #6

chadlaroche, thanks for the link.
actor44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2011, 21:10   #7

Boat: csy 37
creekmore's were built up the miami river in south florida. can't remember the first name of the elder creekmore but he designed some really nice cruising boats, a 34 footer and a 40 footer. he had the molds and space for rent in his yard and most of them we(re owner built. some of them were really well done but as with any owner
built boat a lot depended on the individual builders skill and financial condition. the hulls and decks were well made and they were nice cruising boats with very roomy interiors.

i knew the son, lee creekmore, who lived on one of the 34 footers with his wife. his boat was built with no full bulkheads inside so that the entire length of the boat was one large cabin. lee also designed a 22 foot racing boat that was pretty successful back in the early 80's. some people think that the j-24 was basically a copy of his boat.

the yard closed eventually when the property was sold for development back in the late 80's or 90's. even in south florida creekmore's rarely come up for sale.

thinking about it now the father's name may have also been 'lee'....
onestepcsy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:43   #8
bcm

Re: Creekmore Sailboats

I just happened upon this question about Creekmore sailboats. We own we believe the first Creekmore 36.5' CB sloop that Ray Creekmore built in 1957.
We have had this boat since 1969 and couldn't be happier. The rig was changed to 7/8 with a keel stepped aluminum mast in the mid 70's and that dramatically improved the sailing characteristics of the boat. She is fast upwind for her age and needs a good breeze to put her shoulder down and go. We've sailed her from New York to Maine but most cruising and daysailing is done in eastern CT to Cape Cod and the islands. The comments about strength are true. Extreme hull thickness all hand laid with no core, all glass cloth. no mat or chopped stuff. Our boat has the original 34 hp Daimler Benz diesel which runs like a top. Our cabin is unique in that the cabin trunk is varnished mahogany with 8 opening bronze ports. She is a head turner in harbor and under sail. Accommodations are sparse but who wants to cruise with more than 4 people unless its a family-we cruised for two week stints with our family of 5. Over all these years we only came across one other Creekmore 36 here in the northeast. Feel free to ask any questions.
bcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 08:31   #9

Boat: CMPF Trisbal 36 / Beneteau Ocenais 510

I was looking at a Creekmore 46 for sale on the Boston Craigslist and also found this ad Creekmore sailboat for sale in New Hampshire
which says"
"""This boat was designed to be a do it yourself project that when completed would allow him and his wife to sail in waters throughout the World. The boat was purchased as a hull ......... The hull casting is stiffened with ¾ “ plywood rather than the more common balsa core as is usual for such boats.""""

Old 17-03-2013, 11:48   #10

Boat: csy 37

i notice it doesn't have mast/boom/standing rigging. figure $10k, or $15k if you want a good roller furler too. another $4k or more for sails, running rigging, etc.

from the pics it seems to have some of the basic gear but it's a long long way from being liveable. i'd guess another $10-15k or more, depending on the level of electronics you want to add, and maybe two years of your personal effort. you will probably have to hire some help for jobs you're not capable of, like installing the mast and rigging.

so add $23k to $35k to complete. oh, add painting too. if you awlgrip, $10k. if you use home depot porch and deck paint, $1k, plus your labor. and another $1k for bottom paint. add yard time and the inumerable little expenses that creep in and your probably looking at $49k to $70k. and two years or more of your life.

or you can just look through yachtworld and find a ready to go world cruiser for about the same price. and leave tomorrow.....
onestepcsy37 is offline   Reply With Quote