Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-10-2011, 05:23   #16

Boat: gozzard 44
Re: Annapolis Boat Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeinLA View Post
One more vote for the Outbound 46. Best way to spend a half million that I could find. The only brochure I brought home. I liked the much cheaper Jeauneau 439 for the amazing forward cabin, but they only make it in a tri-cabin and that's a waste of space for me.

Mike
The Outbound 46 is well done and indeed a step above production boats.
However, a friend bought a new Outbound and was surprised to find it pulls heavy to port under power. After 40 some hulls built is this a design glitch?

Ronbo
ronbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2011, 06:45   #17

Boat: Beneteau 393
Re: Annapolis Boat Show

I was pretty disappointed with the Beneteau line. The difference in interior quality comparing my 2006 Bene 393 and the new Beneteau line are really shocking. Not sure what happened over the past 5 years, maybe the economy drove the lower quality. I remember a previous thread where people talked about particle board or similar on Beneteaus. Now I can understand where they were coming from.

The only other boats I went on were cats and the Tartan 4300. If I were buying a monohull, that would be my pick. But for that kinda of money you can get a cat, and I'd probably get a new Leopard or FP.

Frank
GeoPowers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annapolis, annapolis boat show, boat show