Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2022, 16:31   #1

Boat: Campbell 48
Volunteer crew Cairns to Darwin - 20th October

We are looking for volunteer crew to assist in the passage from Cairns to Darwin, with food and airline tickets provided.

2003 refurbed 48ft composite cat, new rigging, new sails, newish yanmars 600 hrs+ shaft driven feathering props, 700 litres water, 250 litres fuel.

Boat is new to us and we are taking the vessel from Airlie Beach to WA and we have been shaking it down the last week. Husband and somewhat nervous wife 60s, hence the additional crew requirement

If you have some sailing experience and are looking to build on that we would like to hear from you. Demonstrated experience of standing your own watch at night is required and any experience within the reef is a bonus. Clean living, tidy, easy to get along with etc. No alcohol on passage and please no phone addiction on watch.

Boat will be sailed conservatively so we are not looking for adrenaline junkies.

Look forward to hearing from you if any of the above appeals.
Shooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 16:41   #2

Re: Volunteer crew Cairns to Darwin - 20th October

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooze View Post
We are looking for volunteer crew to assist in the passage from Cairns to Darwin, with food and airline tickets provided.

2003 refurbed 48ft composite cat, new rigging, new sails, newish yanmars 600 hrs+ shaft driven feathering props, 700 litres water, 250 litres fuel.

Boat is new to us and we are taking the vessel from Airlie Beach to WA and we have been shaking it down the last week. Husband and somewhat nervous wife 60s, hence the additional crew requirement

If you have some sailing experience and are looking to build on that we would like to hear from you. Demonstrated experience of standing your own watch at night is required and any experience within the reef is a bonus. Clean living, tidy, easy to get along with etc. No alcohol on passage and please no phone addiction on watch.

Boat will be sailed conservatively so we are not looking for adrenaline junkies.

Look forward to hearing from you if any of the above appeals.

Sounds like a great trip ahead, I’m in Innisfail and a fairly frequent visitor to cairns, send me a PM.
skipperpete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 17:03   #3

Boat: Swarbrick S-80

Just be aware that, while unlikely, you will be on the water just as the cyclone season is starting.

Make sure you keep a good eye on the weather forecasts, have your bolt holes planned and make sure your insurance is up to the task.
ChrisJHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2022, 21:06   #4

Boat: 1930 timber gaff rigged cutter

Hi Pete-my names Philip and me and my wife would be interested in your trip. I have sent private message and hope you receive it. Regards
mercater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2022, 22:42   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercater View Post
Hi Pete-my names Philip and me and my wife would be interested in your trip. I have sent private message and hope you receive it. Regards

Hi Philip, I’m not the OP, just a responder. You need to PM “Shooze”
skipperpete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2022, 03:45   #6

Boat: Campbell 48

Thanks to all the helpful responders on this thread.

At this moment, we do have somebody from a different source who wants to do the trip with us. However, it looks like we might be in Cairns for a while waiting for a suitable weather window and that might conflict with his personal commitments and business life...

We have been very lucky coming up the coast. We met some incredibly helpful people in Townsville, who took ownership of our twisted spinnaker halyard. (Thanks Tyler, Lisa, and the kind gentleman who found the perfect block to send me securely up the mast 👍

We had a beautiful night in Pioneer Bay on Orpheus Island last night and tonight we are in Brammo Bay on Dunk Island. It doesn't get much better...

We just need the south easterlies to re-establish themselves again up here.
Shooze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew