Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-06-2022, 12:07   #1

Single or Couple available in Annapolis

Hey Folks,

I've owned power boats for over 20 years and have a good amount of experience in the Chesapeake skippering power boats. I have just over two years of experience experience sailing including two weeks of offshore. My wife and I recently completed the following courses with US Sailing: Basic Cruising, Bareboat Cruising, and the Catamaran Endorsement. We did our first bareboat catamaran charter near Key West in June of 2022 and it went quite well (on a SeaWind 1260).

We are looking for more big boat experience (40 ft or better) and we are somewhat flexible on how to get it. We are willing to volunteer as crew here in Annapolis, whether that means racing or passage making or just a day sail.

I am fully vaccinated as is my wife. We are in our early 50s and and in good health. I'm pretty good with electronics and navigation. I am easy going with a good sense of humor and don't mind taking direction. I enjoy a drink but I don't do drugs and don't mind a dry boat. I have never been seasick even offshore and in rough weather (not saying it could never happen, just that it hasn't).

We come as a set if you need two crew members or I can come alone if you only need one.

The best way to get a hold of me is text to 410-757-1844 ... Frank
fpnewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 06:54   #2

Boat: 2014 Lagoon 560
Re: Single or Couple available in Annapolis

Hi, FPNewman. Are you interested in just day sailing or longer trips? We have a 2014 Lagoon 560 that we are moving from Hilton Head around July 30 to get work done in Annapolis at Pier7. She goes about 10 knots at best so it will take a week, but we are adding 3 days for weather issues.

Then, when she is done (guessing around August 21), we will do the same trip in reverse. This boat is getting ready for full service charter in the Bahamas in November. So, you will get to be a guniea pig with my wife's cooking. LOL.

She is a very comfortable boat and you and your +1 would have a large stateroom with ensuite full bath with shower and head.

We will pay for food, mooring, gas and an airline ticket if you need one.

We plan on doing real "day job" work at least 2-4 hours per day if you are still working in the real world. We are.

Let me know. Thanks.

Tom & Betsy
tjmoquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 07:04   #3

Thanks for your response. Sounds like a great offer. Let me talk it over with the wife and see what we can do.
Old 01-07-2022, 10:23   #4

My wife and I are both interested in the Hilton Head to Annapolis trip and we should be able to do get off around July 30. I work as well but could either take leave or work some during the voyage. Do you want to meet via a zoom so we can make sure we are a fit? You can contact me here or via the phone number listed in my initial post.

Tags
annapolis, single