Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-09-2022, 23:59   #1

Looking for adventure

Im going to take leave from my job and be available Jan 10 - Feb 3 and can fly anywhere (coming from Alaska). I work for an electrical contractor and specialize in data technology infrastructure.

Just looking to get back out on the water for a few week this winter. Can pay my own way and expenses.

About me:

Im 43. Single. Just sold my homestead in Alaska. Super easy going, pretty fit for my age, take naps occasionally, but enjoy work and can keep moving productively even if Im seasick, so always going and love the water. I prefer to face death and danger over an attractive or successful woman thats interested in me.

I dont have a ton of experience but I have commercial fished a few seasons as a kid in Bristol Bay and as an adult in Cook Inlet. I guided sport fishing trips in remote Alaska (limited OUPV) when I was in university.

I completed basic to bareboat in Seward, Alaska in 2012 through ASA. Worked at Bradenton Beach marina as a grunt one season in 2019. It wasnt much but Paid my way through scuba rescue certification.

Then I bought a 1980 hunter 33 in 2021, gave her a bottom job and fixed a few things, lived in it a few weeks on the hook, sailed it around tampa for a day with a guy who knew what he was doing, then to try solo, I took it down to Port Charlotte overnight using an ipad I converted to a chart plotter to get through the crab traps because I couldnt see well in the dark (and avoided all succesfully).

In the army I worked on computers and electronics. Nothing exciting. Have a degree in journalism (any spelling errors are in protest to conformity). My interests include health, fitness, cooking, nutrition, brewing, gardening, fishing, survival, shooting, martial arts, natural medicine, anything outdoors - hiked 500 miles on Appalachian trail in 2021, reading, self-improvement, history, conspiracy theories and anthropology.

I dont really have deep water experience for crossing oceans but I was stranded in the Alaskan wilderness with my dad when i was 13 for a month when our ride out from a bear hunt didnt show, so have faced things like that …

Im super interested tagging along, helping and sharing or learning from anyone who knows something useful. Id like to learn how to navigate by the stars, and everything about weather, whatever you want to talk about.

Jerami
TasteofSalt is offline   Reply With Quote