Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-01-2022, 19:44   #1

Boat: 38 feets monohull BlueWater
CrewWanted_Vancouver(CA)to Mexico 1st May2022

Hi

Nice couple, in our mid 30's, looking for a 3rd person to sail in a 38 foot Monohull from Canada (Vancouver BC) to Mexico (Mazatlan) in May 2022, along the US coast. Date of departure 1rst May if weather window allows, or a bit later.
Experienced crew member preferred (Bonus if you speak Spanish!). All accepted, no discrimination. Contact us early, so we have time to chat!

Thanks so much
SouthBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2022, 06:57   #2

Re: CrewWanted_Vancouver(CA)to Mexico 1st May2022

Hi, Southern California guy here interested in getting out on the water for a sail down the west coast. I can be available in early May, if we can chat and see if its a good match.

I have a full sailing/boating resume if you'd like to see it.

I have also done a few transits off this site...
kawaii to friday harbor in 2011
Norfolk Va to Nassau Bahamas in 2019
Both aboard schooners.

Look forward to a reply here, or direct email.

Thanks,

Kslocum.80 (at) gmail dot com
syrensis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2022, 18:35   #3

Thank you for your message. Just to clarify, the departure point is Vancouver, B.C. in (Canada) and the arrival point is Mazatlan, (Mexico), going along the west coast but not in USA territorial waters, and we won`t be able to stop on the way in the USA unfortunately.
Please let me know if this is something you could do? If not I wish you all the best, and thank you again for your kind message!
Old 25-01-2022, 09:49   #4

Boat: Sceptre 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBirds View Post
Thank you for your message. Just to clarify, the departure point is Vancouver, B.C. in (Canada) and the arrival point is Mazatlan, (Mexico), going along the west coast but not in USA territorial waters, and we won`t be able to stop on the way in the USA unfortunately.
Please let me know if this is something you could do? If not I wish you all the best, and thank you again for your kind message!
Can you explain why? What if you need an emergency stop (e.g., repairs) in the USA?
sv_pelagia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2022, 11:33   #5

Well actually you are right, in case of emergencies repairs etc, we will make a stop, of course, safety first. But the boat will be udpated, strong and ready to go, with great rigging, Kevlar reinforced Hull, AIS, Autopilot, etc... We try to be fast if we can, as we have a limited amount of days-off at work, but it`s not a race of course. We will check this week concerning border crossing paperwork between USA and CANADA. Thank you for bringing this point! Highly appreciated!
Old 27-01-2022, 18:00   #6

Hello, I’m interested in crewing on your trip

I’m 29M with passable Spanish
I’ve sailed SF>LA in my Catalina 27
I have time off from work this summer

Please send a message to
Nine two five 255 5047

Ryan
RyanC27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2022, 10:40   #7

Hello mate, I am an experiente sailor over 20 years delivering boats and Panamá Canal crossing. English and Spanish speaker, mechanical diesel also. If you need some help, Just let me know. I used to live in Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta as well, and I know some good Canadian people living there.
Kind regards
Serbeben 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2022, 13:51   #8

Hey There - Sounds like an awesome trip you have planned, very exciting! see below for some details about me:

Who am I: I'm Andrew, a 24 y/o currently located in Revy, BC. After graduating and in the midst of the pandemic, I refurbished a 1983 mirage 27' sailboat while learning how to sail and did a month-long trip on lake Ontario / Erie. In my spare time, I love to be on the water, camp, hike, and ski! I'm a hard worker, a quick learner, like to have fun, and would love to get on a call to introduce myself further!

Why do I want to go sailing: I'm currently transitioning jobs (I'm in the Sustainability consulting space) and therefore have some time off from May-June. I'm just starting to look at what I'm trying to accomplish during that time off, and getting back on a sailboat is on that list! I, unfortunately, do not have the fun funds to purchase a boat (I wish), so looking to join on a boat as a crew

Next steps: If you think we'd be a match, feel free to reach out either through cruiser forums or on Instagram: @andrewboughs

I look forward to (hopefully) hearing from you!

Cheers,

Andrew
Andrew.boughner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2022, 11:47   #9

Hello, it sounds like we may be in the same Boat, Pun intended. Do you have room for a couple with decent experience? My wife and I are looking to catch a ride from Vancouver to Ensenada non-stop in the US. The time frame is a bit early we were hoping for mid-June to mid-July...Cheers

By the way, I speak some Spanish but my wife is fluent.
Diverob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2022, 13:40   #10

Hello mate, I am here agiam. Right now I am in Mazatlan, México. Bit, I can get thete any time i, Mau.
Kind regards
Serbeben 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2022, 13:46   #11

Hi! I am currently a Calgary resident, 27yo, who was also starting to think about making this kind of trip around the same time. One way.

I had in mind to leave just after the May long weekend from Van/Vic to Tijuana because it was the shortest distance, but being without a boat I am very flexible about where the landing is and when the departure is. My only thing is to be in Mexico at the latest by the end of June.

If this is still an opening you have available I am very interested. Unfortunately, I can't fulfill either of your requests about experience or Spanish. The last time I was on a sailboat was high school and I'm just now starting to learn Spanish to prepare.

I'd be very happy to go over any questions you have for me if this opportunity is still available?
AustinFoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2022, 13:56   #12

Boat: Sceptre 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinFoss View Post
I had in mind to leave just after the May long weekend from Van/Vic to Tijuana because it was the shortest distance, but being without a boat I am very flexible about where the landing is and when the departure is. My only thing is to be in Mexico at the latest by the end of June.
Well, it won't be Tijuana... no harbour.
Ensenada?
sv_pelagia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2022, 14:07   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv_pelagia View Post
Well, it won't be Tijuana... no harbour.
Ensenada?
Woops, I did say later on I don't have experience, I'm just looking to get anywhere in Mexico
AustinFoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 17:25   #14

Boat: 50' Herreshoff Carribean Ketch

I live in Port Ludlow, WA; sail a 36' ketch around San Juans and the Strait; just completed USCG OUPV Captains exams and in process of applying for the license. Im 53 and retired Navy reservist and commercial diver. I have never sailed down the coast of America but my wife and I plan to in our own boat soon. Pick me up in Port Townsend or Port Angeles or Neah Bay...I'm not sure what the post covid rules are anymore so I may be able to cross into Vancouver. Anyway, let me know I'd be glad to make it work.
Borealis B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 19:43   #15

G'day, I captain my own boat, a Lagoon 400 (and owned many other larger boats) but it sits in the Caribbean right now.

I find myself in Van. for the next few months, wondering before your epic departure to Mexico if you might consider me as a crew, for a day trip or whatever local adventures you might be up to.
Just a hope!
Cheers!:

boat:
Smeg ed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, Mexico, pacific coast sail, vancouver, wanted