Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-05-2017, 11:06   #1

Thumbs up 25 y.o. male available for trips of any length in any location

Hello!

A healthy 25 year old American male looking to follow through on his dreams and begin building a life at sea. I've never crewed a boat before, yet I have lived alone on a docked sailboat for 5 months [as a teaser]. I learn quick and won't have any issues picking up the tricks of the trade. I can also contribute in other ways (business management, communications, writing, etc.).

I'm currently alone on a European backpacking trip. Now on the island of Hvar in Croatia, and will be finishing my trip in Malta on the 14th of June. This is when I would be available to sail.

I would prefer to set sail from somewhere in Europe, but location can be anywhere in the world if some travel funds are available. I'm comfortable being a volunteer (because I am a novice), but would of course consider paid positions.

You can reach me at khubb74 (at) gmail (dot) com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that the basics are out of the way, here's a bit about me to see if we're a good match.

I'm just an American trying to have as much authentic experiences as possible during my short time on this planet. I've travelled and lived all throughout the Middle East, Europe, and SE Asia. I also dabble in the professional world, having worked with the UN and the US State Dept., founded two nonprofits, and most recently worked at an Oxford University institute.

I am kind, outgoing and open-minded. I'm very energetic yet know how to match the energies of those around me. I read much and am starting to write even more. On the weekends I'm a street performer (ask me what I do!), and I love dancing to good groovy tunes with good groovy people.

More than anything – I'm a people person. I enjoy conversations with depth, cheeky camaraderie, dinner gatherings, slam poetry and live music, clubbing and bar hopping, and everything else in between.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lklm.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	148011  
khubb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 17:22   #2

Boat: 97 Hunter 430 43 ft.
Re: 25 y.o. male available for trips of any length in any location

How do you pay for this lifestyle if you don't mind me asking?
Tkeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2017, 05:51   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, khubb.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2017, 09:47   #4

Tkeeth, I don't mind. My answer isn't a simple one, as each activity has a different source of funding (or sometimes there isn't funding so I have to get very creative). Every new place I move to I find an organization to work for, or a project to work on that I can get direct funding for.

I'm not wealthy by any means, and often I'm living on a shoestring, but there's a specific kind of life I want to live and I try to not let finances get in the way of that.
khubb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 03:13   #5

I have chartered a 2016 Nautitech Open 46 from Oct 7-14 with a skipper / Instructor from Pula, Croatia. I am similar to you. I have limited sailing experience and I am planning to buy a cat. If you have interest in sharing expenses + persomal attention from the instructor + oppotunity to equally be hands on sailing the boat let me know. The total cost for everything on the boat not including food will be $1500 each per person. There will be no more than 4 crew + 1 skipper. Each crew member will have have his own private cabin and head. The skipper will sleep in a crew cabin. The trip will have a balance of learning + fun + equal shared responsibility to sail the boat + equal share of duties onboard. If you have interest, let me know and we can discuss further. Regards, P. Augustus
Augi is offline   Reply With Quote