Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-03-2019, 09:41   #1

Boat: Baba 35
Our First Sail

Hey y'all,

I posted quite a few years ago talking about my wife and I's sailing dreams and then lurked in the shadows all this time until recently. Plotting.....if you will.

We got to sail on an actual boat for the first time last year and my wife made a little video about it. We were invited to sail on Lake Travis in Austin, Texas to the Jaws on the Water event last summer and the owner of the boat (Beneteau 37) was kind enough to teach us for a day.

I am the taller bearded weirdo with the hat on and my wife is the gorgeous one with the camera. The young lady with the big boobs is my wife's friend and she introduced us to the older gentleman as people desperate to sail for the first time.

Sorry the music sucks, it was free.

I made the telltales look right for a few moments. I'm so proud.

We are currently looking at boats. We really like Baba 35s and plan to look at one soon as we have been saving for several years and we are ready to make the jump.
ttex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:50   #2

Re: Our First Sail

The world's your oyster.

Enjoy.
letsgetsailing3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:22   #3

Boat: Lagoon 37 TPI

You're on the right path with that case of Shiner. However, longnecks and boats are a bad idea. I realize that Shiner is not the same in cans though....
Eigenvector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:28   #4

I've spent a good bit of time sailing on lake travis. It's tons of fun and requires lots of tacking in most of it since it's fairly narrow in spots. Looks like ya'll had a ton of fun there like I have.

Get the boat and go as soon as you can. We're in the process of moving our Seamaster 46 from Dallas to Kemah to set off.
apirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:51   #5

Boat: Baba 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by apirate View Post
I've spent a good bit of time sailing on lake travis. It's tons of fun and requires lots of tacking in most of it since it's fairly narrow in spots. Looks like ya'll had a ton of fun there like I have.

Get the boat and go as soon as you can. We're in the process of moving our Seamaster 46 from Dallas to Kemah to set off.
Yessir, the owner of the boat had us picking up every lost hat and piece of trash we could see. We spent all day tacking back and forth!
ttex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail