Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2023, 18:08   #1

Navico network issues

I recently purchased a new Lowrance Point1AP to add to my B&G Network. Point1AP is identical hardware to the older Point1GPS, but it has faster compass updates and some smoothing algorithm. My network consists of Triton2 X 4, Zeuss2, NAC 3 Autopilot, BT wind, BT Pilot control, Airmar DTS810 triducer, Precision 9 compass,and a few other N2K gadgets - all from Navico. After installing I noticed that the new Point1 was not displaying heading. I wanted this to be a backup in case the Precision9 failed. I browsed the internet, and found there were quite a few other mentions of Point1AP heading issues, so I set about diagnosing the problem. I disconnected all of the devices from the backbone except for the new Point1 and one Triton2 display. Heading now displayed. I then connected each other device one at a time checking for heading. WHat I discovered is alarming. The new Point1-AP is not network compatible with either the Precision9 or the older Point1 GPS heading indicator. Whenever either the old Point1 or the precision9 is connected, the new Point1AP stops sending heading data. Even worse, I have found that this combination causes intermittent Autopilot errors. The Pilot can suddenly change its heading with no errors, or it can throw random errors causing the pilot to disengage. I have tried to discuss this with Navico support, but they are unresponsive.
The lesson here, is probably NOT to purchase the New Lowrance Point1AP combined Compass and GPS heading indicator until Navico have come out with a fix for this issue. BAD Navico.
kitenga is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
navico, work