Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 16:50   #1

Boat: Cavalier 37ft
John Pugh Designed Yachts

Hi all, I own a 1990 Australian built John Pugh designed Windsong Ketch , and although there are many of these designed yachts built and sailing, there is no Owners Group that I can find or any easy means of communication between owners.

So I have set up the ....... John Pugh Yacht Owners Group ........ The idea is for it to be open to all owners, former owners and prospective owners of John Pugh's designs.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jpyachtowners/

I have no commercial connections and I my intention is that this site is an area for technical discussion and sailing chat focused on the John Pugh designed boats.

So if you own, have owned or are interested in a John Pugh desingned Yacht, take a look at the link and see what you think?

Thanks and fair winds, Cal

Windsong 39.5

S.V. All the Stars

cal_d_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 00:22   #2

Boat: John Pugh Windsong sloop 38ft
Re: John Pugh Designed Yachts

Hi Cal
Sorry. We were a bit late to the party on this one! We have a Windsong too, although the 38 sloop version. When we were looking at buying her we could find precious info about JP so its great to connect with other owners.
Where was All the Stars built? Bass Voyager was built in Launceston in 1989. We're currently taking her on a trip home!
Best wishes,
Michael and Caitlin
Old 23-01-2012, 03:05   #3

Hi Michael and Caitlin great to hear from you just finished browsing your blog. 'All the Stars' started life in Sydney off the plans from Build-a-boat in 1978 she was built by Jamie and Maureen Ford. Jamie a Vietnam Vet and a Marine sandblaster spray painter by trade, finally wet her keel in 1984. We purchased her in 2009 in Townsville and sailed her for 6 months down the coast back to Sydney. She is a great boat and we(Di, my wife and I) plan to step back aboard her in 3 years time cruising full time. The plan is to head to as many destinations on the globe as we can, well that’s the plan but it’s the cruising life that we want the most and the six months we spent living and cruising on her were amazing. I will be adding more to the John Pugh Owners site soon so please feel free to join it and add to it when ever you want too. Will follow your blog with interest, Fair winds and talk soon.

Cal

Windsong Ketch 39.5

S.V. All the Stars

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jpyachtowners/

Old 21-02-2012, 02:23   #4

Hi all the new web address is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/John_Pugh_Yacht_Owners

Thanks and fair winds,

Cal

Windsong 39.5

S.V. All the Stars
Old 21-02-2012, 03:25   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sunmaid 20, John Welsford Navigator

I actually met Mr John Pugh himself yesterday, by complete accident. A very charming and witty man he is. We asked him which was his personal favourite design and he said the Windsong 38. To his mind just the right size boat for cruising. Was a pleasure to meet him I must say. So to all of you with that design, puff your chests out a little bit, you got a good 'un.

Coops.
Old 21-02-2012, 22:31   #6

Boat: John Pugh Windsong sloop 38ft

Hey Coops! That's amazing! Where is Mr Pugh based?
We are so happy with our Windsong - she sails beautifully. The design is not overly beamy, which we think helps with her sailability and yet has plenty of room for the two of us. We love her huge centre cockpit.

Cal - thanks for the updated link - Im about to sign up. We are now in Launceston doing some work on our Windsong. Within 3 hours of arriving word had spread and the original owner/builder came down to the dock for a visit! Such a surprise! He gave us heaps of info about her, and his experience building her only 1 mile from where we are moored now. A small world. Or perhap's that's just Tassie! Anyway, thanks for your efforts on the owners group - here's hoping even more of us come out of the woodwork (steelwork?) Hope we can catch up and compare notes when we get to Sydney (should be around May at this stage.)

Cheers guys
Michael and Caitlin