Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-05-2019, 20:12   #1

Boat: Ted brewer 40
Buyer looking at hunter legend 40.5 1993

My situation... I’m 39. A captain for a living in Hawaii. Also single no kids. I am out of debt. I also have a fireman background. This would be my second 40 foot boat to own. I learned some lessons from mistakes I made from my first 40 custom. I’ll have the boat more than likely on a mooring. I kayak out just five or ten minutes. I have a great rib already. Being in Hawaii, I haven’t figured out wether or not most boats here are overpriced or underpriced due to being in the middle of nowhere. I’ve found that listing prices are all over the place here. I’m planning on full time liveaboard and paying off the boat ASAP. I eventually want to go south east or west at some point but I am fine never leaving Hawaii. I still have a couple boats I want to look at and I think I can wait another six months before I buy but of course I want a boat now. I’m also boat free right now. The boat is for sale by owner. I’ve done quite a bit of research in regards to this specific boat. So like many others have done, I’m looking for feedback from all y’all pros on this forum. I think he’s asking about 20000 too much. The owner has a new legend 40.5 coming. I haven’t made an offer and haven’t got to the point of getting a survey yet. I’m not necessarily looking for a full circumnavigation in this boat but maybe a jump east through panama one day so I can have access to my home state of Texas. I’m open to any suggestions positive or negative. Anyone know a great finance company that specializes in sailboats? I am just dealing with local credit unions as of now. I make a normal wage as captain.
Thanks for y’alls time.

https://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/...844889589.html
Tim francis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hunter