Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2016, 10:04   #1

Boat: Oceanis 45
Any Experience with H2Oonthego watermakers

While browsing around I found a company called H2oonthego from Australia. I received a quote from them for a DC system that makes 20lph that was considerably less than other competitors. It is portable or can be installed and uses standard components that are easily available in most boating locations. Has anyone had any experience with this company that they can share?

Thanks in advance.
Myknjul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 16:22   #2

Boat: Endeavourcat 30
Re: Any Experience with H2Oonthego watermakers

Hi Myknjul, at this stage I can only tell you that dealing with Joanne at H2O on the go is a very pleasant experience. She is attentive, quickly responds to my numerous questions and I'm looking forward to my 20lph system being delivered about 12 February according to TNT, the transport company.

I will be happy to tell you what it all looks like when I get it but it will be another 6 months or so before my boat goes back in the water and I get a chance to commission the unit.
CapnBazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 21:26   #3

Boat: Island Packet 40

There stuff looks OK from the illustrations on their web site.

The key item regarding longevity and low maintenance would be the high pressure pump and it's drive motor. There are no illustrations of these showing any detail, did they give any details re technical aspects of these items.

Prices look really good, quiet a bit below the Katadyne 12V stuff.
RaymondR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 22:03   #4

Boat: Endeavourcat 30

The H2Oonthego 20 lph unit arrived 2 days earlier than promised, packaged to withstand a direct meteorite impact and, once I removed the wrapping, looking good.

The pump says it's made in the USA although the 12vdc motor is Chinese, the membranes (2) say they are made in Australia by Lion Composites and the rest is probably made where everything else we buy in Australia comes from.

I am a bit surprised that the flow meter reads from 0 to 100lph - with a maximum product flow rate of 20lph it could be difficult to see a difference between 17 and 23 but time will tell.

So far so good, if it performs as good as it looks I will be a happy chappie or a Happy Cappy, I'll work that out later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	436.0 KB
ID:	118693  
CapnBazza is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, water, watermaker