Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 09:05   #1

St. Augustine inlet dredging?

Can anyone give me information concerning the dredging of the St. Augustine inlet? We have a 6" draft, is it possible to enter?
Susancruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:30   #2

Community Sponsor

Boat: Mahe 36, Helia 44 Evo, MY 37
Re: St. Augustine inlet dredging?

Dredging equipment observed working east of G59 on 4-5-2012

2-27-12 The long awaited dredging of the St. Augustine inlet has begun. The text below is copied from Local notice to mariners 06/12.Marinex Construction Inc will commence dredging operations in the vicinity of the St Augustine Inlet on or about February 5, 2012. The work will extend from inshore Tolomato River LB 60 (LLNR 38910) to offshore St Augustine Inlet Buoy 2 (LLNR 9480). Submerged pipeline will extend from the inlet in a southerly direction and land at St Augustine Beach north of the St Augustine Pier. The dredge operations will continue on a 24 hours per day, 7 days per week basis until approximately June 15, 2012. The dredge “SAVANNAH” will monitor VHF radio channels 13 & 16. Further information contact the Operations Manager, Mr. Thomas Payne 843-722-9083. Mariners are requested to exercise extreme caution while transiting the area.
Cotemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:45   #3

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lippincott 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susancruiser View Post
Can anyone give me information concerning the dredging of the St. Augustine inlet? We have a 6" draft, is it possible to enter?
Check Activecaptian for details, but here is an excerpt:
2-27-12 The long awaited dredging of the St. Augustine inlet has begun. The text below is copied from Local notice to mariners 06/12.Marinex Construction Inc will commence dredging operations in the vicinity of the St Augustine Inlet on or about February 5, 2012. The work will extend from inshore Tolomato River LB 60 (LLNR 38910) to offshore St Augustine Inlet Buoy 2 (LLNR 9480). Submerged pipeline will extend from the inlet in a southerly direction and land at St Augustine Beach north of the St Augustine Pier. The dredge operations will continue on a 24 hours per day, 7 days per week basis until approximately June 15, 2012. The dredge “SAVANNAH” will monitor VHF radio channels 13 & 16. Further information contact the Operations Manager, Mr. Thomas Payne 843-722-9083. Mariners are requested to exercise extreme caution while transiting the area.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:47   #4

Boat: Island Packet 380 - Delta Blues

We went in and out of the inlet last month, and had plenty of water. Didn't see any depths less than 14 feet at low tide, and much greater depths near the inside. Dredge equipment made it a bit tough to see markers and landmarks, but it's probably moved since then. Important to follow the temporary green when entering. I would not enter with large seas/winds from the NE or east. Good luck.

https://sailingdeltablues.com/
dennisjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:10   #5

Boat: Lagoon 380, 38', I Dream of Jeanne

I would suggest calling Tow BoatUS or SeaTow on VHF before you enter the inlet for an update. They are both very knowledgable about the current state of the Inlet and would be glad to advise you.

I always call them before entering any Inlet for up to date current advise. They will be glad to help you.
timbenner is offline   Reply With Quote