Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-01-2024, 18:01   #1

Boat: Mainship pilot 34
Exumas in June

Greetings

we're headed to the Exuma's in early June, likely from Miami, and I'm looking for any opinions or advice regarding best routes, favorite stopovers, things to see or avoid etc. while i won't make the crossing to the Bahamas with kids, I'll have the family with me once in the Exuma's.

although it's been many years, I've cruised in the Abacos and i remember navigation being fairly straightforward, but from what I've read the Exumas can be more challenging.

what general weather and sea-state conditions can one expect in June, both on the bank and in Exuma Sound

35' trawler, draft about 3.5ft

Any and all opinions appreciated
Many Thanks!
sausage_patty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2024, 19:59   #2

Boat: Cruising Catamaran
Re: Exumas in June

June is when occasional thunder-storms start appearing, but you have a fast enough boat for the short distances required between islands. Navigation is straight forward to all the regular haunts in day time, Navionics was fine for us with a 4ft draft. Wind against tide can be uncomfortable and it will be from E-SE most of the time - so pick your weather windows and get the timing right. Have a good fuel filter system as you only have one engine right? The fuel can be a bit dodgy at times.
Tin Tin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exumas