Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-08-2009, 15:17   #16

small bills, definitely. I hate having to rush out asap after getting somewhere to find a cash machine that works, or a bank etc. Those small ones always seem to disappear fast though... good info...
Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:26   #17

Boat: Sunbeam, 37, Ziamar
According to noonsite the new law has been repealed so they are back to the old ways.

Noonsite: Dominican Republic

I'd be interested in any information from anyone who has been along the south coast of the DR in the last few months.
Bill_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 17:28   #18

New internet site for Dominican Republic Cruising Guide

The Free Cruising Guide to the Dominican Republic now has a new Interactive Web site: www.dominicanerpubliccruisingguide.com

The new site allows for download of the complete cruising guide, as well as the ability for users to leave comments. It is also interactive with Face Book and has links to SSCA, Noonsite, and the Dominican Coast Guard (Marina Guerra).

Good Cruising

Frank Virgintino, Author
Dominican Republic Cruising Guide
tokarse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 17:43   #19

Boat: Manta 40
Quote:
It is worth setting aside a full day to explore the channel between the island and the mainland which has a depth of no less than five feet all the way to the eastern end where it shoals. There is at the east end reefs all the way across between the land masses.
Concerning the passage between the mainland and Saona we have made it through with no problems. There is a deep channel just off Pt Balaju, maybe several hundred yards wide. Easier navigation than getting in/out from the west.

Thanks for the guide! And we checked out your boat at Zar Par, nice! Wilbur and Raoul are top notch.

PS. There is a typo in the link:
Dominican Republic Cruising Guide
Old 18-11-2009, 17:49   #20

Thank you

Thank you for the encouragement on the guide.

The correct link is: Dominican Republic Cruising Guide

I have not included in the guide the passage between Saona and the mainland because of the controlling depth. If you have detailed information that you would like to share about that passage, I would appreciate your sending it to me at: fvirgintino@gmail.com

Also, the new web site allows you to leave comments on your cruise through the country.

Good luck and favorable winds,

Frank Virgintino

PS Thank you also for your comments on my boat. She is 47 years old this year and is a William Garden design. As you can probably tell I am very attached to her.
tokarse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Dominican Republic