Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-12-2020, 17:37   #46
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'
Re: Mutated strain of Covid-19 Found in London.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
It's apparently not suppressed well enough.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...918-virus.html
I scanned the article but didn't see any reference to the experimental meningitis vaccine. I think it is well suppressed.
Old 21-12-2020, 17:44   #47
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIJ View Post
Whether that theory and its ´suppression’ holds water is one thing but the article you quote suggests nothing of the sort, not even a mention.
But it proves the where and when of the testing of this experimental vaccine. I have no proof of the theory, I mostly try to post only CF approved sources.
I wasn't going to mention it but the subject came up so I did. I am sure you will find volumes of evidence to the contrary. (isn't that how cover-ups work?)
Old 21-12-2020, 17:56   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbs Up View Post
There is a highly suppressed theory that an experimental meningitis vaccine was the spanish flu culprit. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...88/pdf/449.pdf

... but there was no 5G!
Old 21-12-2020, 18:18   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbs Up View Post
I scanned the article but didn't see any reference to the experimental meningitis vaccine. I think it is well suppressed.
The article cited how the 1918 flu RNA was sequenced from a preserved lab specimen and from frozen tissue from ?Alaska.

Meningococcus is a bacteria that does not cause people to cough up their bloody lungs after 48 hours. Drawing any link is odd.
Old 21-12-2020, 18:50   #50
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

TWIV don't seem overly concerned about the new variant with a good explanation of why in the short video.
most likely a ploy by the UK gov to reduce superspreader events over Crimbo on a population suffering lockdown fatigue imho

Old 21-12-2020, 19:24   #51

As long as the death rate remains extremely low, there is no need to panic. Higher rates of positive tests does not equate higher deaths. The death rate has been decreasing steadily. If you are in the high risk category, maybe you should stay home. If you are not sick, don't have symptoms, are young and healthy, you are likely fine. As I have said before; I had it, it was not fun, but it was basically the flu for an extended period. Everyone that I have talked to that has had it had less symptoms than I had - mostly just cold-like symptoms, which is the standard. We need to stop the blown out of proportion stuff. You are very unlikely to get it. If you do get it, you are not likely to even know it. If you get symptoms, you are likely to think you have a common cold. Some people will get it worse, like I did. Some will get it real bad. A very small portion of people will have severe symptoms, and some will even die. This number is extremely small, so relax and continue to live your life.
Old 21-12-2020, 19:46   #52

The pfizer placebo group of 17,511 people had only 3 cases cases of severe COVID, two of whom were hospitalized, one of the two had pneumonia and the other for a cardiac issue. Meaning the odds of the average person (unvaccinated) in this study being hospitalized is 1/17,511 or 0.006%. This vaccine trial is the obviously one of the most detailed studies done on the virus. (not guessing and faking numbers like many others)

Tell me again how deadly covid is?
Old 21-12-2020, 19:52   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailasia View Post
Tell me again how deadly covid is?

Not very deadly... for the duration of one vaccine study. Where do we sign up?
Old 21-12-2020, 19:59   #54

The point is: The facts show that it is NOT a deadly virus. This is very well known, and obvious to anyone with an open mind.
Old 21-12-2020, 20:14   #55
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
... but there was no 5G!
Whatever the cause was, I am sure that they are lying. Some say it was radio waves. They wouldn't have tried so hard to prove H1N1 if it was the truth. (from my perspective). Why aren't these vaccination experiments that I posted about in FT Riley (just before the outbreak) common knowledge? We're talking John D experiments here. The richest man to date. Mandated allopathic medicine. Snakeoil salesman. Standard Oil. You don't think that there would have been a coverup?
Old 21-12-2020, 20:19   #56
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsfforsberg View Post
As long as the death rate remains extremely low, there is no need to panic. Higher rates of positive tests does not equate higher deaths. The death rate has been decreasing steadily. If you are in the high risk category, maybe you should stay home. If you are not sick, don't have symptoms, are young and healthy, you are likely fine. As I have said before; I had it, it was not fun, but it was basically the flu for an extended period. Everyone that I have talked to that has had it had less symptoms than I had - mostly just cold-like symptoms, which is the standard. We need to stop the blown out of proportion stuff. You are very unlikely to get it. If you do get it, you are not likely to even know it. If you get symptoms, you are likely to think you have a common cold. Some people will get it worse, like I did. Some will get it real bad. A very small portion of people will have severe symptoms, and some will even die. This number is extremely small, so relax and continue to live your life.
That is very nice blue sky thinking.

The reality is that the 10% who want to just live their life without making any effort to reduce transmission are driving 80% of the infections in population dense areas.

our hospitals are full already without covid,just dealing with an aging population,covid stress on the system has people unable to get any treatment for any complaint serious ,covid or otherwise.

yes some will die,but there are many who months later are still suffering and have not recovered,and may not ever recover fully from covid.

as they say an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

so wear a mask,keep your distance, wash your hands and avoid being a selfish muppet by your actions
Old 21-12-2020, 20:37   #57

It will be (is?) a year since covid was identified. How much effort the governments of countries with the highest % of obese, diabetic, etc (those with so called co-morbidities) put into going after the underlying causes of the severe effects of covid on already UNHEALTHY persons? It seems to me we are looking for the proverbial dollar coin not where it may have fallen but where there is more light (read - justification for more populace and political control).

It's great that some sort of vaccines are already developed in just a year but IMO it would be even better if in that year the obesity rates would have come down at least say 5-10%. And the high taxes imposed on high fat/high sugar/corn syrup/processed white flour, etc foods would go a long way toward improving the health of the obese nations.

We have an upside down food distribution system where healthy naturally occuring in nature foods are more expensive then chemically affected and artificially enhanced ones.

Rather than catching escaped farm animals after the fact perhaps it would be wiser to keep the proverbial barn door fully locked by keeping the population at healthier levels of existence. It not really that hard to make unhealthy foods too expensive to buy compared to healthy ones. Seems to work with cigarettes lately.
Old 21-12-2020, 21:10   #58

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyDaveNY View Post
You are partially correct. The strain was identified in Great Britain. Whether or not it developed there remains to be seen.

Having said that, viruses are traditionally labeled based upon where they were first identified. Examples include the Spanish flu, norovirus (Norwalk, Ohio, U.S.), Marburg (A lab in Marburg, Germany even though the virus was from the Lake Victoria region of Africa), West Nile (West Nile region of Uganda), etc, etc, etc.
The fact that virus' used to be commonly be named that way doesn't mean that this one was. Counter examples include HIV/AIDS, SARS, H1N1, Swine Flu, H5N1 (aka Bird flu). The current pandemic virus has the official name of COVID-19.

The alternative name was coined by Mike Pompeo seeking to cast opprobrium on China which is involved in a political dispute with the US government.

Your insistence on calling it by that alternative name strikes me as very likely politically motivated and possibly also racist though I am less sure of that.

I notice also that you have brought up that Nazis at least twice in recent post confirming the validity of Godwin's law.
Old 21-12-2020, 22:11   #59

https://www.dw.com/en/covid-19-more-...ain/a-56009203

Well, the Germans are already calling it the 'UK Coronavirus'.....

-----

Summary so far.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/21/h...strain-uk.html
Old 21-12-2020, 22:53   #60

Ahh, there is that special relationship again.

'Fauci says he would advise against additional restrictions on UK travel as country grapples with new coronavirus variant'

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/12/21/p...rus/index.html

-----

'Australia holds off UK travel ban, bucking trend after warnings of new coronavirus strain'

Scotty-“We have no plans to go down the path of (banning UK flights),”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/su...s&mode=premium

'https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/australianz/australia-holds-off-uk-travel-ban-bucking-trend'

------

While Hongkong is like **** that. Probably still take that 3 million UK citizenship though. I guess the special relationship there only goes one way?

https://www.reuters.com/article/heal...-idUSKBN28V0TA