Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Lithium Power Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2023, 12:30   #1

Boat: 2006 Leopard 40
getting ready to purchase any thoughts?

We are getting ready to purchase parts for my lithium upgrade… any thoughts from the hive mind?

3 Relion 8d Batteries for 900 amp hours replacing 3 8d Rolls batteries

Victron mutiplus II GX 12/3000 inverter/charger replacing victron charger and Xantrex 2000w inverter

6 victron 100/15 smart mppt solar controllers replacing Genasun GV10s

I am keeping the 6 100w solar panels for the moment, eventually I will be adding an additional 1.2-1.6 KW in solar when my new arch is done over the winter.

Lynx BMS victron

Cerbo GX and GX touch

I also don't really understand how the DC to DC charging is going to work yet still reading on that. At the moment I have just the two stock alternators on my volvo md20-30s. They will probably get upgraded as well over the winter but I think the solar is more important at this point.

I am trying to build a system that will support expansion, maybe DC air conditioners or induction cook top ect.

Am I overlooking anything obvious? Any components missing? I realize this is not an earth shattering design and pretty much follows the general lay out from Victron. Obviously this is a big spend and would like to get as much correct as possible on the first pass.

Thank you,

Christian
SV Sojourner
NAPA, CA
NapaSojourner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase