Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-07-2023, 06:25   #1

Boat: Trophy 2359
Thank you

Hello fellow thalassophiles. Its been a while since I have been on the site and frankly...I am conscious of the inordinate amount of help I have received from this site and the wonderful people on here. I am certain I put up posts about the boat that I purchased (I have had far to many 'beverages) but it is a Trophy 2359 Pilot house with a cummins 2.8 turbo diesel with only 120 hours on it. I was well convinced from this site that this trailable option was best suited to me and it certainly is.. It is a bloody heavy boat and when I travel up the East coast of Australia, I think I am going to need a RAM or something similar. This can only happen is if I sell half of my property(only 5 acres)but so be it. It has beds, cooking, toilet and I will be installing a shower so essentially a caravan that floats. Thank you again and I will keep in contact especially if I find a mermaid who wants to come aboard ...You will get plenty of pictures about that !!!
Cruising Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 17:46   #2

Boat: Volkscruiser
Re: Thank you

Cruising Roo nice choice of boat. Have you thought about just trucking her to say Sydney and putting the trailer in storage. With a 26 knot cruise speed anchorages are fairly close from Sydney.
Cheers
https://www.yachtandboat.com/trophy-...ardtop-review/
Fore and Aft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 03:30   #3

Boat: Trophy 2359
Re: Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fore and Aft View Post
Cruising Roo nice choice of boat. Have you thought about just trucking her to say Sydney and putting the trailer in storage. With a 26 knot cruise speed anchorages are fairly close from Sydney.
Cheers
https://www.yachtandboat.com/trophy-...ardtop-review/
Hi and thanks Fore and Aft. Yes we are very happy with the boat but that article in the link you posted tells a fair few "porky pies". There is not a chance that it will do 38 knots and 26 is (or very close to) WOT. This has been confirmed by other users on the Trophy 2359 face book site.The boat on the trailer with 200 liters of fuel and no fresh water weighs 3300kg and the most a V8 Landcruiser can tow is 3500 so there is very little "wiggle room". For the weight and size of the boat it is economical and is a 200hp engine It is brilliantly configured and a pleasure to drive. I just wish it was at least 500kg lighter for towing reasons. Apparently the hull has no timber in it and is solid fiberglass which causes the heavy weight. All the best. Darren
Cruising Roo is offline   Reply With Quote