Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-02-2017, 10:30   #16

Boat: Lagoon 380S2
Re: Lagoon 380 or Similar - Florida/Caribbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by travellerw View Post
I would disagree.. I know a couple of them that sailed that way and sold very well in Austrailia and the South Pacific.. If you are going to stick with mainstream boats and want to cross the Pacific, you will most likely need to increase your budget. Unless you want to go on a very plain boat with minimal systems or one that is quite old (like a Privilege 38). I'm guessing you will need $200,000usd after upgrades. I'm basing that on my 3 years of research and now 1 year of living aboard. Also be very careful with a bareboat purchase. There are good deals to be had, but there are some real stinkers out there to. Just the other week an excharter boat (lagoon 380) had its motor wiring catch fire down here. It was due to bodged repairs by the charter company. That wouldn't be cool on a Pacific crossing.

As to slamming.. I have sailed on all the boats mentioned here. They ALL slam in certain instances. Privilege's seem to slam the least. FPs, Lagoons and Leopards all slam about the same.

Finally, you need to be careful following advice on CF. Owners are very protective about thier boats and often information is skewed to thier view. Sometimes people who have never owned one or sailed on one will try and give you advice. Beware.

Anyway.. Have fun and I hope to see you out here.. If you see a boat in St. Martin or BVI and want me to take some pics, then just PM me!
I appreciate you sharing your experience and advice. I know the budget I mentioned is a stretch but I am keeping back a portion in case the boat needs significant upgrades. I will stretch the budget up front if the right boat comes along. The ultimate would be a elderly couple spent money preparing a boat for cruising but didn't get a chance to extensively cruise before circumstances change and they decide to sell.

I am really focused on the mainstream production boats as they seem proven (large #s manufactured) and the easiest to sell when it comes time. I have seen some more exotic brands sit for years on the market.

Lastly what a beautiful gesture to help out with photos. I am actually going to go to the Virgin Islands after spending a week or 2 in Fort Lauderdale. I am convinced the VI is where I will find my boat.

Shane
Shane D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2017, 13:10   #17
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris

Dunno why you are going to the US. Plenty of reasonable boats around in your part of the world. Also remember if you bring it back to Un Zud you will have to pay duty and GST.

For example there is a 2000 Lightwave in new zealand that has been extended to 38 has new rig sails and engines etc , and with all due respect it will sail rings round a Lagoon 38 and is a rock solid tough as teak ocean going boat.

Here tis

Re slamming etc, the behaviour of boats is not universal across a brand, for example most leopards are lowish in their bridge deck clearance particularly around that year 2000. And yet the morrelli melvin designed leopard 40 has great bridge deck clearance and is a much better sailing boat that many of the leopards before and after.

Here is one in the south pacific bit more than you wanted to spend but it already has most of the big dollar items done and is a lot closer to unzud
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 06:29   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane D View Post
Hi All,

I am a kiwi with a ticket booked for Florida on March 3. I am on a mission to purchase a Lagoon 380 or similar in Florida or the Caribbean. Also open to other mainstream production catamaran model options if they fit the parameters below.

Hoping to hit it lucky and find a Lagoon 380 owner looking to sell privately and save on broker fees. I have looked extensively on Yachtworld and are very surprised at the relatively few number available for sale. Especially after disregarding the ex-charter ones.

A few important parameters for my search
-Lagoon 380 or similar
-No older than 2003
-Ready to cruise (no major work needed)
-Budget max $170,000 USD
-3 or 4 cabin
-2 Head (bathroom) max. No 4X head models please
-Engines under 3500 hours

Regards

Shane
(Auckland, NZ)
I do have a 2009 lagoon 380 premium S2 owners version, purchase new never chartered for sale, unfortunately it's a little out of your price range .....I could probably get it down close to 300,000 but it's the last boat you'll ever have to buy its in TurnKey pristine condition, and maxed out with all types of extras
Sailingcatamaran380@gmail.com
Video link.
https://youtu.be/xmlN-7yHu5Q
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1487168836032.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	141319  
jmac9365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 06:32   #19

Quote:
Hi All,

I am a kiwi with a ticket booked for Florida on March 3. I am on a mission to purchase a Lagoon 380 or similar in Florida or the Caribbean. Also open to other mainstream production catamaran model options if they fit the parameters below.

Hoping to hit it lucky and find a Lagoon 380 owner looking to sell privately and save on broker fees. I have looked extensively on Yachtworld and are very surprised at the relatively few number available for sale. Especially after disregarding the ex-charter ones.

A few important parameters for my search
-Lagoon 380 or similar
-No older than 2003
-Ready to cruise (no major work needed)
-Budget max $170,000 USD
-3 or 4 cabin
-2 Head (bathroom) max. No 4X head models please
-Engines under 3500 hours

Regards

Shane
(Auckland, NZ)
Check this

https://youtu.be/xmlN-7yHu5Q
Old 15-02-2017, 19:15   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac9365 View Post
jmac,

Beautiful boat but there is good reason it is still on the market after all this time.

Your 8 yr old beautiful 380S2 is priced at over $300k. A brand new 380S2 from the French factory is around $275K. Add upgrades to the new boat and you are just over $300k.

Unless I am missing something. Would love your feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Shane
Old 16-02-2017, 09:35   #21

Website will not let me reply
Old 16-02-2017, 09:37   #22

had Lagoon spec out a new one and it was nowhere close to $275k I don't know where you come up with that number, but it is a out of the ordinary boat.. it is absolutely mint, TurnKey.... you will not be able to do anything to the boat... to start the boat came from the factory as a premium S2 model which has upgraded engines in fuel tanks and a few other features,on top of that it has 6K Kohler generator 3 Marine air AC and heat units $3,500 custom mattress in the master owners version one owner never been chartered only about a thousand hours on the engines fiberglass hardtop AB dinghy with eight horsepower Yamaha motor, jabsco Deluxe flush electric heads, 200 foot of oversized chain mantis 45-pound anchor Fortress second anchor, all tables and countertops have been custom made with Corian, outside cooler has been refitted to a freezer refrigerator, Garmin 7212 GPS ultra-large Screen.... I could go on and on anybody that's interested in it if they come and see it I'm open to hearing what they think would be a good price but there is absolutely nothing else on the market even close to it I've looked high and low.. the catamaran company listed it for 329,000 but I'm almost out of their agreement and I'll be able to sell it quite a bit cheaper once I get them off my plate. My number is 321-794-5333 if you have any questions and I could text you a link to a video you could see if you like as well... john
Old 16-02-2017, 09:41   #23

Quote:
jmac,

Beautiful boat but there is good reason it is still on the market after all this time.

Your 8 yr old beautiful 380S2 is priced at over $300k. A brand new 380S2 from the French factory is around $275K. Add upgrades to the new boat and you are just over $300k.

Unless I am missing something. Would love your feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Shane
had Lagoon spec out a new one and it was nowhere close to 275 I don't know where you come up with that number, but it is a out of the ordinary boat.. it is absolutely mint, TurnKey.... you will not be able to do anything to the boat... to start the boat came from the factory as a premium S2 model which has upgraded engines in fuel tanks and a few other features,on top of that it has 6K Kohler generator 3 Marine air AC and heat units $3,500 custom mattress in the master owners version one owner never been chartered only about a thousand hours on the engines fiberglass hardtop AB dinghy with eight horsepower Yamaha motor, jabsco Deluxe flush electric heads, 200 foot of oversized chain mantis 45-pound anchor Fortress second anchor, all tables and countertops have been custom made with Corian, outside cooler has been refitted to a freezer refrigerator, Garmin 7212 GPS ultra-large Screen.... I could go on and on anybody that's interested in it if they come and see it I'm open to hearing what they think would be a good price but there is absolutely nothing else on the market even close to it I've looked high and low.. the catamaran company listed it for 329,000 but I'm almost out of their agreement and I'll be able to sell it quite a bit cheaper once I get them off my plate. My number is 321-794-5333 if you have any questions and I could text you a link to a video you could see if you like as well... john
Old 16-02-2017, 12:00   #24

John,

Thanks for the reply. Here is a link to the Lagoon 2016 Eur price list http://www.kiriacoulis.com/sales/Lag...management.pdf

a 2017 380S2 for $275k includes the equipment pack and additional equipment so includes a lot of the features on your boat including the engines and drives.

Your feature list is very extensive but the new owner looking to cruise blue water is still going to sink further money into your boat.

Your boat would need to make blue water cruising ready
- 1000+w solar system
- AIS
- Iridium Go
- Possibly new sails and rigging in not distant future (already 8yrs old)
- Updated Electronics in not distant future (already 8yrs old)

Some people would consider the air conditioning and generator a maintenance and weight burden on a boat with a payload of only approx 1000kg. I for one would rather do without those 2 features and use fans and open hatches.

Regarding pricing your boat, I am not the one to bust-your-bubble. Your broker whom has your boat listed for months would be feeding back offers to you. You just have chosen not to listen to him.

Again, you have one of the nicest 380s for sale on the market. Now you just need to listen to the market feedback if you want it sold.

Shane
Old 19-02-2017, 20:40   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factor View Post
Dunno why you are going to the US. Plenty of reasonable boats around in your part of the world. Also remember if you bring it back to Un Zud you will have to pay duty and GST.

For example there is a 2000 Lightwave in new zealand that has been extended to 38 has new rig sails and engines etc , and with all due respect it will sail rings round a Lagoon 38 and is a rock solid tough as teak ocean going boat.

Here tis

Re slamming etc, the behaviour of boats is not universal across a brand, for example most leopards are lowish in their bridge deck clearance particularly around that year 2000. And yet the morrelli melvin designed leopard 40 has great bridge deck clearance and is a much better sailing boat that many of the leopards before and after.

Here is one in the south pacific bit more than you wanted to spend but it already has most of the big dollar items done and is a lot closer to unzud
Factor,

Thanks for your ideas. But I am keen to start off cruising in the Caribbean. The Caribbean has been my dream for years. It's along way round this big planet from NZ to the Caribbean.

Let me know if you sniff out any great deals over in Florida/Caribbean.

Shane

Tags
Caribbean, florida, lagoon, lagoon 380, rib