Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-01-2023, 06:45   #1

Boat: Jeanneau SO469
Victron Carbon Batteries?

Hello! I recently noticed that Victron is offering a Carbon lead battery. Since Firefly stopped being available I am not aware of any other carbon lead batteries outside of the Military. I am wondering if anyone out here has any experience yet with the new Victron Batteries or has information on their development and production.
I know that many of you are happy with LiFePo batteries and there are plenty of threads about those. But there are some applications where Carbon-Lead batteries are appropriate if they are well made etc. Victron is very clear on their website that there is not a lot of experience yet with their product. At least that is how I read the. “should be” etc statements.
So, anybody know much about these?
Thanks.
Peeew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2023, 10:50   #2
CLOD

Boat: none
Re: Victron Carbon Batteries?

well ................................... I spent $500/G31 116ah Firefly battery that lasted 2.5 years. I just spend $299/100ah "drop inP lithium and made no physical changes to my boat systems.

So I can only say, No I have tried the Victron and why would you?

Tags
batteries