Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-06-2022, 22:34   #1

Boat: Mumby 48
Remote Solar Deck Light?

So, Lonako makes this cool solar-powered remote control flashing/anchor/tricolor(non-reg) light that needs no wiring and has its own battery and solar panel that can be mounted on the masthead, or anywhere. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a similarly self-contained, remote spreader or deck (shining down) light. I've seen something similar with motion detectors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lonako.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	259597  
Epicurean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2022, 22:38   #2

Boat: currently boatless
Re: Remote Solar Deck Light?

Given that this is a solar light, I am highly skeptical of using this item as anything other than a decorative light. No way would I even consider this as a Anchor light.

Ozsailer
ozsailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2022, 23:27   #3

Boat: currently boatless
Re: Remote Solar Deck Light?

I just went into the website for Lanko and had a look at the product. A couple of things 1) in one section its states "Steady light > 12 hours. It is suggested that the user should manage the working time of steady light properly to avoid the power shortage." whatever that mean. How do you manage a solar light other than turning it on and off. 2) It also states regular cleaning - Hmm if installed at the top of a mast I do not see this occuring on a regular basis 3) Birds love sitting and crapping on the top of a mast. It would not be long before the solar panel is covered in crap and the light will not work due to lack of sunlight. Just my 2 cents worth plus 8% inflation taken into account

Ozsailer
ozsailer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deck, remote, solar