Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2021, 05:46   #31

Boat: 58' Sedan Bridge
Re: One of three batteries never fully charges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naut Home View Post
All three of my batteries are connected together on the negative connector. I have two enngine. I believe the battery that doesn't charge fully is the house battery
Until you can figure out uploads...

It would help of you could draw a more complete "word picture" of what you have. Remembering that there are about a gazillion different set-ups, and all of us are only trying to imagine which one you have.

Example:

Battery 1 is connected to battery 2 with both red and yellow wires. Those wires go to a rotary switch with on, off selections. Battery 3 is not connected to batteries 1 and 2; it's connected with red and yellow wires to a rotary switch with on, off selections.

Something like that.... but with your factoids instead of my example.

Another useful avenue is about what happens when you manipulate switches. If you turn OFF switch 1, will an engine start? Will the other engine start? Will your AC/DC refrigerator run, and will the toilet flush? Do the same for switch 2. The purpose is to assign roles to those switches, so you know which does what...

-Chris
Old 17-11-2021, 14:07   #32

Boat: Chaparral 1997 Signature 310
I knocked power cord into lake tieing up boat

But the breaker was off. How long should I let dry before hooking it up?
Thanks
Naut Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2021, 16:29   #33

Boat: ‘01 Catana 401
Re: I knocked power cord into lake tieing up boat

Quote:

Thanks

What?
Sailmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2021, 04:18   #34

Quote:
Thanks
???

-Chris
Old 18-11-2021, 04:46   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger42c View Post
???

-Chris
I apologize. I was trying to post from my phone.
I was attempting to post a another question-i knocked a power cord into the lake while docking, and was curious how to deal with the wet plug before resuming use.
Old 18-11-2021, 05:16   #36

Quote:
I apologize. I was trying to post from my phone.
I was attempting to post a another question-i knocked a power cord into the lake while docking, and was curious how to deal with the wet plug before resuming use.

I normally spray those out with contact cleaner or alcohol, then spay with corrosion block or similar. Cord unplugged from dock of course.
Old 18-11-2021, 05:39   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger42c View Post
Until you can figure out uploads...

It would help of you could draw a more complete "word picture" of what you have. Remembering that there are about a gazillion different set-ups, and all of us are only trying to imagine which one you have.

Example:

Battery 1 is connected to battery 2 with both red and yellow wires. Those wires go to a rotary switch with on, off selections. Battery 3 is not connected to batteries 1 and 2; it's connected with red and yellow wires to a rotary switch with on, off selections.

Something like that.... but with your factoids instead of my example.

Another useful avenue is about what happens when you manipulate switches. If you turn OFF switch 1, will an engine start? Will the other engine start? Will your AC/DC refrigerator run, and will the toilet flush? Do the same for switch 2. The purpose is to assign roles to those switches, so you know which does what...

-Chris
I am trying to figure out how to post a picture ff my battery set up here( I'm challenged with technology). I may have them not set up right even though they do charge.
One battery still is not fully charged even when we're away from the boat for many days. Two battery's of the three are completely charged, but one still blinks green as showing charging, but not fully.
Also, I noticed yesterday while out, that one engine volts were only 75% of the other engine which makes me think that battery isn't completely as good as the other even though we bought them at the same time.
Thanks for the help. I need it.
Old 18-11-2021, 12:14   #38

Quote:
I am trying to figure out how to post a picture ff my battery set up here( I'm challenged with technology). I may have them not set up right even though they do charge.
One battery still is not fully charged even when we're away from the boat for many days. Two battery's of the three are completely charged, but one still blinks green as showing charging, but not fully.
Also, I noticed yesterday while out, that one engine volts were only 75% of the other engine which makes me think that battery isn't completely as good as the other even though we bought them at the same time.

Maybe start describing your installation in more detail but a little bit at a time.

Step 1. You have a 3-bank charger. Do you have 3 red wires attached to the charger?

Step 2. If you have X red wires attached to the charger, where do each they go next? To a switch? To a battery?

-Chris
Old 22-11-2021, 03:51   #39

Quote:

You didn’t read the manual I linked to did you?

The blinking one is fully charged. But it’s fully charged and providing current. It’s the house battery.

Tags
batteries