Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2018, 14:15   #1

Boat: Lagoon 400
Reefiing line setup

Hello all

In preparation for hurricane Florence we stripped our fairly new to us 2013 - L400 down to just the mast standing. Best news is our boat made it through just fine when many others did not here in NC.

However been struggling putting her back together. Think I have it done Except for the Reefing lines. Anybody got a pic where I can see routing of the lines for the 3 reefing points and how they lay in down in the lazy jack and in which rings and line routing.

Greatly appreciate any assistance but as they say a picture can be worth a thousand words, just wish in our haste to get done, I simply did not take enough pictures.. So anybody got some they can share.

Mark
pondering65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 16:59   #2

Boat: LAGOON 400
Re: Reefiing line setup

i also have L 400 2013, so setup should be same. black doted third reef, blue dots second, yellow dots first. that should do i hope.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	reef1.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	178456   Click image for larger version

Name:	reef2.JPG
Views:	234
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	178457  

Click image for larger version

Name:	reef3.JPG
Views:	243
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	178458   Click image for larger version

Name:	reef4.JPG
Views:	237
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	178459  

arsenelupiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2018, 08:02   #3

Thank you as the pictures as they do help me some, but I yet to understanding the routing through the sail and back to the boom / blocks. Any chance you could describe the routing?

Had to wait on Michael to pass through before I could once again get to the task of adding my reefing lines.

Thanks
Old 19-10-2018, 22:18   #4

Raise the sail until you see the attachment points on the leech. The first reefing point is the one near the outer end of the boom and the third is toward the mast (the second in between). Drop imaginary perpendiculars from these points to the boom and mark them on the boom
These will be the points where the reefing lines are tied to the boom. Take the 1st reefing line. Attach one end to the outer point on the boom, thread through the block on the 1st (lowest and outer) attachment point on the leech, go down to boom end, thread into the boom (hope you have left some leading twine inside!), when the line appears near the mast, go up to first (once again the lowest) attachment point on the luff, now down to a block at foot mast and back to the cockpit (through turning block/s on cabin roof).
This from memory...hope it helps.
One thing more - third reef is different - as it exits from the boom by the mast it goes right down to mast base. No third reefing block on the luff. Instead there is a reefing strap that is connected at this 3rd point.
Old 20-10-2018, 07:50   #5

Perfect.. Thank you...