Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-01-2019, 23:55   #31

Boat: Flicka
Re: Help/Warning Eno oven is worst

I always admired the Australian made Broadwater marine stoves but there no longer manufactured. Probably the best marine stove Ive ever used was a Alpes Inox. A real comercial grade marine unit that came on European highend yachts. Our Force 10 is like a toy stove in comparison.
boatnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 16:46   #32

Boat: FP Elba 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary9 View Post
I am fed up with the cheap and dangerous evo Eno oven in my galley. What have other owners replaced their oven with or researched replacing it with? My captain is extremely handy, so modifications are not an issue. I need to replace it and would like to stick with gas, as that’s my preferred method of cooking. Warning lagoon owners, after using the broiler several times without issue, the flame suddenly went off, and the kitchen filled with gas!!! This has been an issue I’ve heard about from others too
I agree, I had a Eno oven in our Lagoon 400 brought brand new it came factory fitted, imagine our surprise when using it for the very first time we could not turn the gas off, the knob was frozen solid all I could do was go to the gas tank valve and turn off the gas supply. the roast was cooked fine, after the oven cooled the control knob freed up no problems so I assume the metal expanded when the oven reached operating temperature jamming the knob. I sent email to ENO and Lagoon but all a wast of effort, over time it did improve a bit but not much, I just put up with it, pain in the bottom.
After my experience I would avoid the ENO brand however I note they are fitted to most craft I have seen at various boat shows.
peterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 01:33   #33

Boat: Hallberg Rassy 42E

Alpes inox are the best cookers I've ever had. All inox, easy to clean, the oven is just wonderful, the heat is weel spread and you can bake, roast as at home. It get hot enough to cook very good pizza.
The only drawback it is the price, but they last forever and you can get spare of decades old stove (it hasn't changed a lot, just the knobs and few details)

http://www.alpesinox.com/en/elettrod...da-appoggio/#1
capitangiorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 12:48   #34

Boat: FP Salina 48, Hobie 33

I have the same Eno oven in my FP cat. After messing with it a few times, including having to replace the thermocouple, I've finally got it working as well as I think it's capable of working. Once it's working right, it's not a terrible oven. Mine takes about 9 minutes to reach 350 degrees, and I've figured out where to adjust the flame to maintain that temperature indefinitely.

I had the boat converted to Propane (9 year old boat in the US, still had half bottle of Butane left), but the yard that did the conversion didn't do anything to adjust the oven. Replaced the orifice with the proper size and adjusted the air gap on the burner. While messing with the orifice, I managed to break the thermocouple. The thermocouple required the removal and almost complete disassembly of the oven. I also purchased a rectangular pizza stone that stays in the oven and helps distribute heat. Works as well as you can ask an oven without a thermostat to work.
Tornadosailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 07:44   #35

Boat: Outremer 51, J80

We were fortunate to have a local owner of an Outremer that invited us aboard and gave us the tour. We have ordered one and he was very kind to tell us all about the boat his experiences etc. When we go there - he said the ONLY thing he hated on the boat was the oven - ENO - he had to jimmy a fork and cable tie to keep it operating - it only ran at one temp- if he turned the flame down it went out. He has replaced/repaired many parts himself and with a pro - and it still does not work right. We have ordered a 51 and are trying to source the best option - propane most likely - though I am trying to talk the Admiral into Electric (like SV Delos & the SV Curiosity/Wynn's) if I could do electric oven I could live with gas stove. I look forward to more input and will definitely be avoiding Eno.
RELENTLESS 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2019, 04:01   #36

Boat: Lagoon 440 Pathfinder

Worst oven ever, from day 1 has never worked properly,couple of years ago the glass exploded while in use, can not get parts to replace it either, just a junk oven
dirkdig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 05:39   #37

Our Eno oven now 8 years old, works ok, no rust, the chef would prefer it to run hotter, but I think it may be because the air gap has not been adjusted for propane v butane. It runs hotter on propane sourced in the Bahamas rather than the USA, so maybe the gas mix is different.
Bean Counter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 13:32   #38

Boat: Outremer 51, J80

We have ordered a boat and are going CatNewBee's route and putting in Induction stove for sure - Oven TBD - but definitely leaning Micro/Conv Oven
SV Delos has done this - so far so good as far as we know.
RELENTLESS 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2019, 16:06   #39

Boat: Dufour35 1982 and Moody 425

Anyone have any luck finding old ENO replacement burners? My Oven is a three burner model with oven. Comes with a dufour35 from1982.

Large burner needs to be replaced.
Old 20-07-2019, 12:37   #40

Boat: 450S

L450 Cat, replaced our ENO oven and stove top with Smeg. Admiral is very happy.Click image for larger version

Name:	20190720_152044.jpeg
Views:	209
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	196288
Pascals Wager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2019, 12:53   #41

Boat: Milkraft 60 ex trawler

Looking at the price of the espace oven and the actual space the op has available I reckon you're better off paying for a bit of cabinetry modification and going for a proper sized household oven at considerably less cost.

That's our plan when we replace our smev.
Added bonus is all that extra cookware we can use again that doesn't fit in the dollhouse oven.
Simi 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2019, 22:56   #42

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawntreader2 View Post
We have ordered a boat and are going CatNewBee's route and putting in Induction stove for sure - Oven TBD - but definitely leaning Micro/Conv Oven
SV Delos has done this - so far so good as far as we know.
We have a classic convection oven, no microwave inside. It is heated by regular resistive heaters, the convection means, there is an Fan inside to distribute the heat better in some programs, nothing fancy, besides it is only 45cm high instead of the EU standard size of 60cm. It is a Neff, a known brand belonging to BSH, the largest European kitchen appliances manufacturer.
Old 21-07-2019, 04:33   #43

Boat: 2019 Leopard 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post
We have a classic convection oven, no microwave inside. It is heated by regular resistive heaters, the convection means, there is an Fan inside to distribute the heat better in some programs, nothing fancy, besides it is only 45cm high instead of the EU standard size of 60cm. It is a Neff, a known brand belonging to BSH, the largest European kitchen appliances manufacturer.

I read CatNewBee’s thread on the galley while waiting for our boat and cribbed some ideas. We have an induction cooktop, a portable induction cooktop for larger dishes, and a Breville Smart Fry Oven that sits on the countertop. It has proven large enough for two or three. The space where the oven was is now cabinets. Personally, if you have electric power available I can’t see using propane at all given the waste heat, explosion possibility, uneven heating, and refilling difficulties. Even if I did have to run my genny(I don’t) to cook it is much easier to source diesel than propane.
Old 21-07-2019, 04:41   #44

Boat: 2019 Leopard 45

Here's a picture of our galleyClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190316_180405.jpeg
Views:	176
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	196326
Old 26-12-2019, 08:22   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornadosailing View Post
I have the same Eno oven in my FP cat. After messing with it a few times, including having to replace the thermocouple, I've finally got it working as well as I think it's capable of working. Once it's working right, it's not a terrible oven. Mine takes about 9 minutes to reach 350 degrees, and I've figured out where to adjust the flame to maintain that temperature indefinitely.

I had the boat converted to Propane (9 year old boat in the US, still had half bottle of Butane left), but the yard that did the conversion didn't do anything to adjust the oven. Replaced the orifice with the proper size and adjusted the air gap on the burner. While messing with the orifice, I managed to break the thermocouple. The thermocouple required the removal and almost complete disassembly of the oven. I also purchased a rectangular pizza stone that stays in the oven and helps distribute heat. Works as well as you can ask an oven without a thermostat to work.
Do you mind sharing a few more details about replacing the orifice and adjusting the air gap? I have the same oven, also on an FP. When I look at the burner in the bottom of the oven I see a U shaped tube with a bunch of holes in it that the gas comes out of. On the inner side at the middle is a bracket that holds the ignition unit and almost directly across from that is a bracket and a short (2 inch) piece of angle iron that holds the thermocouple and is perpendicular to the burner. Which leaves me unsure of:
1. Where is the orifice?
2. What is the model number and source of the "proper" orifice for propane?
3. Where is the "air gap"?

The manual shows an "air ring adjustment", from 8mm for butane to 4mm for propane but I can't tell what it's actually telling me to adjust from the diagram. And the eno parts catalog doesn't list an orifice in the parts list at all for those ovens. Thanks in advance for the help.
redneckrob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oven