I stumbled upon this website just a couple days ago and don't know how I ever missed it.
Anyway, I'd like to throw my name in the hat for "someone wanting to go somewhere on a boat
." Continental Airlines has about a grand of my money
that they won't give back so I MUST go SOMEWHERE and have to decide where that somewhere is by June 9th. Yikes. So here's a cut an paste from another site as I'm at work
and should probably be doing what they pay me for:
I'm socking away money
in the hopes of buying
my own stinking, leaking, cramped, endless project
, money pit that you must love boat
someday. But before I do such a wise thing, I'd like to get some more time on just such a flotilla of joy on the big blue ocean. That is hard to do considering that I'm land locked. I don't have much time (all that socking away of money) but can meet you most anywhere. Here's the scoop:
- I could meet you just about anywhere.
- I have only a month or so of which to grace, or curse, you with my presence.
- July, August, October, or November would work
the best for me (because of that J.O.B )
- I've had a Hobie for about 10 years now, so I know the basic physics of sailing.
- I spent a week or two on a trimaran
in the Whitsunday's, and the sails
went up maybe twice (bummer), but got plenty of time trying to fix refrigeration
issues, finding safe anchorage for a potential typhoon, and learning
against tide is bad.
- I want to work with you on the boat to get a decent feel of ownership
, but I don't want to work on that fiberglass delamination
issue you've been having for the last year and now would be a good time to spend two weeks fixing it because that'll show the new guy what owning a boat is like. (that's kinda a joke, by the way. I like working on stuff, but just don't want to be the indentured servant!)
- I don't smoke, don't drink, do what I say I will, and am a pretty much all around responsible guy.
If there is such an opportunity out there, I'd be thrilled to know about it. If a landlocked fellow should be looking elsewhere, I'd love to know that too.
Thank you for your time