Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-05-2013, 20:09   #1

Boat: Sea Ray 190 Signature, 19'
South Florida, short notice OK, longer term OK

Hi,

I have been crewing to better understand what I want in my future boat as well as to gain cruising experience.

I am intermediate sailor with knowledge of navigation systems and other onboard electronics and systems. I have excellent eyesight and I've stood offshore night watches in rough weather before. I'm good swimmer and certified diver. I have foulies and self inflatable PFD with harness, light, and tether. Last month I crewed Miami to Charleston on a 40' Caliber. References available.

I am healthy, don't smoke, and drink socially. I own a business which allows for a flexible schedule. I'm easy going with pleasant personality, positive attitude, and sense of humor.

I'm open for variety of cruises from passages to longer term sails in North and Central America and Europe. I speak English, Spanish, Italian, Croatian. I'm familiar with southern coastline of Croatia from Split to Dubrovnik.

Goran
Old 03-06-2013, 13:14   #2

Re: South Florida, short notice OK, longer term OK

bump
Old 18-06-2013, 09:11   #3

Hello, I am leaving for the Bahamas around the 25th of june for 2 weeks. It is just me and my wife and 2 kids. We are on a choy lee 63 foot motor sailer. I am looking for a mate to help out with the cruise. give me a call if you are interested 305 322 1698 Rob
Old 20-06-2013, 07:36   #4

Hi,

I am presently in Martinique headed south to trinidad or grenada where my present crew will be leaving. Time frame is about a month from now when I will be looking.

Boat is a 47 valiant, well maintained with all the bells and whistles. You can see my ad under crew wanted.

Crew Wanted: Looking for crew for Caribbean and further - Cruisers & Sailing Forums

Regards,

John
Old 20-06-2013, 13:05   #5

John - thanks for your post. It looks like I'll be going to Bahamas with Rob so I'll be in touch after I get back to see if you are still looking. I would be interested in expense sharing that you propose only if you'd be willing to share the expenses of my trip to meet you in South America and if I have equal say in planning the trip once I'm aboard. Otherwise I'd cover my expenses only.
Old 21-06-2013, 13:33   #6

I would give equal say in where we go, when we leave itinerary etc. I am real easy with that.

Expenses would be diesel, food, customs, immigration, dockage etc. Just the normal things that happen on a trip.

If you are still interested drop me a line at ejs004(at)gmaildot(com)

John
Old 27-06-2013, 13:37   #7

We have a Condor 40 Trimaran leaving south Florida for the west coast of Costa Rica, thru the canal. Crew needed.
thanx,
Ed
t
Old 27-06-2013, 14:32   #8

Hi Ed, thanks for your post. What are your dates?
Old 27-06-2013, 15:27   #9

Owner says he wants to leave in 2 weeks - but I doubt he'll be ready unless he gets some help.
thanx,
Ed
Old 28-06-2013, 20:43   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbajramo View Post
Hi,

I have been crewing to better understand what I want in my future boat as well as to gain cruising experience.

I am intermediate sailor with knowledge of navigation systems and other onboard electronics and systems. I have excellent eyesight and I've stood offshore night watches in rough weather before. I'm good swimmer and certified diver. I have foulies and self inflatable PFD with harness, light, and tether. Last month I crewed Miami to Charleston on a 40' Caliber. References available.

I am healthy, don't smoke, and drink socially. I own a business which allows for a flexible schedule. I'm easy going with pleasant personality, positive attitude, and sense of humor.

I'm open for variety of cruises from passages to longer term sails in North and Central America and Europe. I speak English, Spanish, Italian, Croatian. I'm familiar with southern coastline of Croatia from Split to Dubrovnik.

Goran
Send me a email PM
Old 18-07-2013, 19:08   #11

I'm back from a great cruise in Bahamas with Rob and his family on beautiful 63' Cheoy Lee motor sailor . We had headwinds most of the way to Harbour Island which is unusual for this time of the year but two powerful diesel engines propelled us at reasonable pace of 8-9 knots and we made good time.
The meticulously maintained boat is for sale in nearly perfect condition Cheoy Lee Offered For Sale
Alas, Rob is not a very motivated seller.
Old 22-07-2013, 00:47   #12

Boat: Norm Cross 28 Tri, Hobie Miracle 20, Hobie trifoiler, Condor-40

I just bought a condor-40 up in Mass. Would love to share knowledge. You can reach me at chrislaletin"at"mac"dot"com

Presently live in Hawaii so if you are headed this way I may be a good resource here in the Hawaiian Islands.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:07   #13

Boat: Norm Cross 28 Tri, Hobie Miracle 20, Hobie trifoiler, Condor-40

I am seeking crew to join me while I relocate my Condor 40 tri from NJ to GA. Two week min commitment. Non paid but I will cover expenses aboard. Weather permitting should be a fantastic trip aboard an OSTAR designed tri. You can email me at
chrislaletin"At"mac"Dot"com. Departure date Sept 27 Barnegat Bay close to Newark AP.

Tags
florida