Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-01-2013, 21:15   #1

Boat: CHB Magellan 36 Ketch
Send a message via Skype™ to Dawntreader II
Sea of Cortez, San Carlos - La Paz - Puerto Vallarta

Hi all,

I will be taking my 36 foot Magellan Ketch from San Carlos across the Sea of Cortez, and down to La Paz, then down to Puerto Vallarta. I am aiming to be ready to leave leave San Carlos at the end of January to be in La Paz for Carnaval around the 7th of February. Then I will probably stay in La Paz for a week or so and make the crossing down to Puerto Vallarta. Its a pretty young crew, average age mid thirties. Mixed nationalities, Australian captain.

I will probably have a couple of bunks free so am putting the offer out there if anyone would like to do part of the trip

San Carlos - La Paz (10 days, stopping at anchorages on the way down the Baja coast) or
La Paz - Puerto Vallarta. ( 10 days, few days checking out the area around La Paz and Los Cabos then 5-7 day passage down to PV)

Or possibly both legs.

The boat is run on a shared costs basis so crew contribution goes to pay for food, fuel and keeping the boat afloat. Somewhere around $500 per leg.

Eventual itinerary will be down the coast of Central America in the next few months so stay in touch if you're interested further down the track

Anyone interested please send me a message