Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-06-2008, 23:36   #1

Red Sea - Seychelles - Crew Wanted

We are looking for crew holding European passports for a passage from the Red Sea (possibly from the Eastern Mediterranean, via the Suez Canal) to the Seychelles. We intend to exit Bab el Mandeb or round the Horn at around the beginning of December 2008, so we expect to begin two or three weeks earlier. Yacht: 54 foot Jeanneau monohull sailing yacht, well-equipped, four years old. Crew: total of four, including skipper. All expenses on board will be covered by the yacht owners (food, fuel, marina expenses). Tickets to embarkation point (yet to be finalized) and from Seychelles back home to be covered by crew. The passage will be about four weeks' duration, but for such a long passage, flexibility regarding the return date is vital! This is essentially a delivery trip - we do not expect to be stopping along the way except for fuel, food etc. As such, it would suit crew with short passage experience who are seeking some more challenging sailing. Experience is essential! You will be expected to take night watches alone, and cope with heavy weather. Note that the passage from the Red Sea across the Indian Ocean is likely to be AT LEAST ten days away from any kind of access to a coast. We expect this to be a beautiful, interesting and challenging sail. Medical, technical, mechanical and culinary skills are welcome. If interested, please contact me here with details of sailing experience and personal details. Looking forward to it! Yonatan
Old 07-08-2008, 10:19   #2

Boat: Phillip Rhodes 60 ft
Send a message via Skype™ to Alondra
Optimist! 4 weeks... make that a more likely 6 or 8 but hey, I congratulate u when u make it!
Old 08-08-2008, 01:04   #3

Boat: Jaguar 22 mono called Arfur.
What a great opportunity. Not for me, I don't qualify, but I wish I did.
A very genuine offer with costs paid and just pay for flights and a Seychelles Holiday at the end of it. And that's a lot of hours in the log book.

Tags
Seychelles