Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-04-2010, 11:59   #1

Boat: Crowther 150 47' racer cruiser catamaran
Maine to Islands Winter Cruise: November 2010 - June 2011

I will be leaving Maine In Nov. for a two week sail to Bermuda, Then back and for for 2 weeks and off 2 weeks each month until June. Dec Bermuda-St Martin, Jan 2 St Martin-BVI, Feb BVI-Dominican R., Mar D.R.- Exumas via Turks, April Exumas to Abacos, May Abacos to Nova Scotia nonstop. I have freinds and family booked for parts of it but there is room on almost all legs. sleeps 10 but I don't have more than 5. NO DRUGS, NO SMOKE Alcohol ony while on the hook.

I have 3 fanny packs with Epirbs and survival stuff while on shift. Eprib signal locator, Satelite phone, sonar, electric drives generator, radar, AIS, Cell phone booster, SSB. We fish, beach fun, and sightsee a lot. Usually only half day sails. For the right person I will pay some expenses and you can stay on the boat while I have gone back to work. More than one of the following is a must; References Phone and written, faxed drivers license or passport, proof of employement or school registration/graduation. I will provide the same if you want.
Old 28-04-2010, 08:01   #2

Boat: Jeanneau 43DS
Send a message via Skype™ to scotttobin
David,

I'd like to talk to you more about possibly joining you for one, or more of these trips. I may be passing through Maine headed to/from Newfoundland in the next month or so...maybe we could meet up to discuss it.

I'd be glad to give you my cell number if you'd like to call. Also, I can let you know more details about timing once my trip becomes more solid.

Thanks,
Scott
Old 28-04-2010, 17:06   #3

lets talk by email Mine is edsalldw@aol.com

That woudl be great to meet. I work in Waterville Maine about 2 weeks a month. The rest of teh time I am usually travelling. May 11-25 I will be in Italy.

now until May 10 I am in waterville

May 26-june7 and june 16-21 in waterville

the rest of June I will be on the boat or at home in Holden Maine.

David
Old 28-04-2010, 18:17   #4

I emailed you, cap't.
Old 06-05-2010, 20:54   #5

Still looking for crew on some passages
Old 10-05-2010, 18:10   #6

Boat: Jeanneau 40.3 Sun Odyssey - Devante's Dream
I pm'd.

Eric
Old 20-06-2010, 17:44   #7

David: I might be interested in part of the trip. I am not highly experienced, but I own a HR39, and have sailed her in the San Juans for a season. I am presently in B.C., preparing for sailing the Canadian Gulf Islands and thereabouts this summer.
I am old (76), but fit. I am a retired USAF and airline pilot (Northwest), so know something about operating in unfriendly environment.
My schedule is open, especially in the winter months. I understand the difficulty in finding sailing crew who are compatible. Let me know if I sound like someone you could stand. Try my e-mail: boldrider@hotmail.com
Thanks,
Ron Weinert
Old 13-07-2010, 08:59   #8

Interest

Hello!

I am very interested in learning more about this opportunity. I currently work in Politics and will be looking for adventure post election (November 2nd). Please let me know if you still have room available and I will forward the required material. Thank you!

Warmest Regards,
Tom Dickens
Old 13-07-2010, 13:04   #9

Let me know what legs you are looking for. I have the flexibility to take any leg. Feel free to contact me at any time.

Cheers!
Ed Ward
Old 14-07-2010, 12:25   #10
Mark Z

Hi David,

I could very well be available this winter to crew for you on your atlantic journeys. My name's Mark. I spent quite a lot of time last year sailing in the virgin islands (various regattas), offshore experience (trans-atlantic corssong from the virgin islands to Turkey) and some more racing in Ireland throughout the summer.

I'm a friendly, easygoing 31 year old competent sailor from Canada. I also have a page about myself online (see the homepage link in my profile). Maybe I'll be a part of your crew later this year?

Mark

Old 02-08-2010, 14:11   #11

Boat: sorry none
Hello
My name is Lynnie.......very interested in helping you out over the Winter months. I live in Virginia Beach, Va-single woman in 50's---I was a live aboard cook over 20 years ago and I long for that life style again.........an email for me is Lynnieshomes@verizon.net, or cell is 757-472-1893.....looking forward to speaking with you
Old 02-08-2010, 14:14   #12

Boat: sorry none
Hello again......this is the same Lynnie as the previous message---a bit more background---have a Masters Degree, current passport and drivers license........self-employed so I can arrange my time to fit your travel needs for the boat.......again looking forward to speaking with you
Old 15-08-2010, 08:58   #13

Send a message via Skype™ to Motto12M
Hi David

This sounds like a great opportunity. I would be interested in joining you for the duration and can provide captains licence, references, etc. I am responsible, an experienced sailor and also good cook and provisioner.

Would love to hear more about you and your planned adventures.

Best wishes,
Eileen
Old 07-10-2010, 18:53   #14

Boat: Member Boston Sailing Center
David:

I would be available for the Maine to Bermuda leg. I live in Southern NH, and am a principal in the financial planning firm of Charter Oak Capital Management. Look me up. I am a non-smoker, don't do drugs, and drink only to celebrate Red Sox or Patriots' championships. Married for 37 years - 7 children and 15 grandchildren. Very fit 62 YO.

Am a member of the Boston Sailing Center and have ASA 101,103, & 104 certifications. Give me a call at (603) 817-3586 to talk about your needs or email me at eakerberg_1999 at yahoo dot com.

Thanks,
Gene
Old 07-10-2010, 18:56   #15

Boat: Member Boston Sailing Center
Fellow New Englander

David:

I would be available for the November Maine to Bermuda leg. I live in Southern NH, and am a principal in the financial planning firm of Charter Oak Capital Management. Look me up. I am a non-smoker, don't do drugs, and drink only to celebrate Red Sox or Patriots' championships. Married for 37 years - 7 children and 15 grandchildren. Very fit 62 YO.

Am a member of the Boston Sailing Center and have ASA 101,103, & 104 certifications. Give me a call at (603) 817-3586 to talk about your needs or email me at eakerberg_1999 at yahoo dot com.

Thanks,
Gene

Tags
Bermuda, Caribbean, catamaran, maine, maine cat, nova scotia