Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-08-2013, 23:18   #1

Looking to help-out & get experience

Hi everyone,

I'm 28, live in the DC suburbs, I'm pretty green with sailing, have taken an intro course; but don't assume I know more than the basics. Now I am looking to help-out and gain more experience however I can, whether it's just helping you day-sail, or blue water cruising from A to B. It's not much of a problem for me to get to/from wherever your boat/ship/yacht is, but I figure that the bigger issue is making sure in-advance that we'll get along, that you don't expect me to smoke crack with you on your boat, and that I'm confident you don't want to beat me with a sack of doorknobs in the night (or the day, really).

I'm self-employed, and my work, more or less, takes care of itself at this stage, so I can get away for a week or two, maybe a month or two if it's during winter, and it's not a big deal. Right now, I only have to be in New York the last week in September, and Miami the first week in November.

Thanks!
Old 25-08-2013, 04:45   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Morgan 512 51 feet 6inches
Re: Looking to help-out & get experience

51 sail boat in the Abacos. Will be doing local sailing till Novemeber and then to Fort Pierce. Have a good hurricane mooring available. Have survived two direct hits last two years (Irene and Sandy) lovely weather otherwise and hardly any boats. If you want more info email me at newlazydays@yahoo.com
Old 03-09-2013, 08:12   #3

Boat: Hinckley SW42 42

Sailboat, H SW42, looking for crew to sail from Annapolis to Florida in November. Some offshore, some ICW depending on weather. The boat is in very seaworthy condition with all of the comforts and up to date mechanical, rigging and navigation systems. 30 years of sailing experience, no experience on your side necessary just a good attitude and a sense of humor!

Boat homeport is Annapolis.

SAIL1525@yahoo.com

Allan
Old 10-10-2013, 11:14   #4

Updating this post, much thanks to those who considered me, but found others with better availability in October. Now that my latest project is done, my schedule now is obvious.

I'm available after November 12th. Transport to your boat is a non-issue.

Oh, and answers to other (somewhat surprising to me) questions that have come-up thus far in some of the exchanges:
I'm a guy, I'm white, I'm straight, I have no physical or mental handicaps or diseases, I don't use any drugs, I do have a drink or two socially.
Old 17-10-2013, 09:27   #5

Hi, my name is Larry I sail on a 37' Ranger and am planning on sailing from Marathon, FL late November to Early December to Mexico then cruise down the coast to Belize, Honduras and spending next hurricane season in Guatemala. If this sounds interesting to you please let me know and we will discuss it further. Good luck with your search. Larry
Old 09-11-2013, 19:37   #6

Location: Boat currently for sale in Oriental, North Carolina
Boat: Nauticat NC36 36'

I'm looking for crew to leave Solomons, MD out of the Bay and coast on the outside down at least to Beaufort, NC or if you have the time, to port hop on to Cape Canaveral, Fl. Hope to leave in about two weeks.
The boat is a 36' Nauticat Motorsailer. Very seaworthy with new all new rigging, new HD Radar, AIS and Raymarine plotter, wind instruments and autopilot.
If you have not yet found a ride please email me ASAP at svfinlandia(at)gmail(dot)com

Al, SV Finlandia

Tags
enc, paracelle