Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-12-2011, 09:11   #1

Florida to Carribbean/etc.

Hello,

My name is Patrick. I am 32. I am a skilled carpenter with a passion for adventure. I am very easy to get along with, a marathon runner, hard-working and looking to gain experience on a boat. Willing and wanting to learn and help. Have only been out once when I lived in Hawai'i, but was told by the Captain that I was a great deckhand on that short day trip. May have been because I always answered with "Yes Sir" whenever he asked me to help . Willing to follow the rules of your boat to the letter.

Willing to go just about anywhere from Florida from the very end of January/early February. Open-ended on length of travel. If you need me for a coupe of weeks, great. Few months, possibly. Love the sea. An opportunity would be incredible to me.

Thank you and safe travels,
Patrick
Old 31-12-2011, 14:58   #2

Re: Florida to Carribbean/etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick33 View Post
Hello,

My name is Patrick. I am 32. I am a skilled carpenter with a passion for adventure. I am very easy to get along with, a marathon runner, hard-working and looking to gain experience on a boat. Willing and wanting to learn and help. Have only been out once when I lived in Hawai'i, but was told by the Captain that I was a great deckhand on that short day trip. May have been because I always answered with "Yes Sir" whenever he asked me to help . Willing to follow the rules of your boat to the letter.

Willing to go just about anywhere from Florida from the very end of January/early February. Open-ended on length of travel. If you need me for a coupe of weeks, great. Few months, possibly. Love the sea. An opportunity would be incredible to me.

Thank you and safe travels,
Patrick
P.S. When I say "carpenter" it means I am quite happy working/living/dealing with less than perfect conditions. Daily. Constantly moving as a job. On my feet for 8 hour a day. Need me to sand your deck? Grab a socket wrench? Try to repair something before you set out? When I say "runner" it means I am on my feet moving for even more than that. I am from Minnesota, which means I don't mind working hard...and do not complain. Ever. That is just a general rule. I also do not care much for shoes and want to always be near/on/in the sea. Maui taught me that. Also a strong guy and pretty determined to do this some how.

Bring an eagerness to the table .

Thank you

Tags
florida