Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2014, 10:28   #1

Boat: Jeanneau 50DS - 50ft
Crew volunteer for North to South 2014

I'm interested in crewing for a southbound sail to either Florida, the Bahamas or Turks and Caicos. I am retired so date and length of cruise are somewhat flexible. I own a 41 Hunter and sailed her from Deltaville, VA to Hunting, NY, manual winches and no bow thruster. I'm a non-smoker with a reasonable amount of sanity remaining. Looking for experience but not a speed run from point A to B. Will pay for my own transportation on both ends.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:48   #2

Boat: Tom Colvin, Custom 63'
Re: Crew volunteer for North to South 2014

I am going from St. Petersburg Florida to Panama C.A. as soon as the hurricane season lets up. I have a 63' custom built steel schooner with self tacking sheets. Comfortable CG documented vessel and very safe. The tanks are full and will be geared for blue water next month. I am also retired living on a budget so you would have to pay your own way.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:50   #3

Boat: Jeanneau 50DS - 50ft

thanks for the response. Sounds interesting. Can you give me more details on the plan? Dates, ports along the way, expected length of cruise and what your expectations of me would be? I'm 64, in good health, in decent shape and low maintenance. Other than travel, what do you estimate the expense to be? How many crew members do you expect to have?
Old 12-09-2014, 16:30   #4

Boat: Tom Colvin, Custom 63'

I want to go from Isla de Mujers Mexico, then LaCeiba Honduras, then SanAndreas Columbia, and end in Puerta Lindo Panama. I have friends in all these places. I am not on a strict schedule and can stop anywhere along the way. My vessel has a safe reach of 500 nm with out having to conserve on anything. It will be a blast, I have dive gear and want to go down for fresh food every couple days. I am thinking on getting a crew that can busk along the way. I am never in a rush and have no reason to. I live on my vessel now and when I leave here it will be the start of a worldwide exploration. You would have to chip in on food and supply your own way here and your personal Items. I should like 2 experienced crew.

Tags
crew