Old 30-01-2012, 22:03   #16

Re: Couple Looking for Crew on Charter

sent pm
Old 30-01-2012, 22:23   #17

I am send summary to email
Old 31-01-2012, 14:06   #18

Hi guys

My girlfriend Yaz (23) and myself (Tom, 25) are currently in Bocas Del Toro and looking to head South through the Panama canal and over to the Pacific islands. If you're interested in heading that way pls let me know. We have great sailing experience. Good cooks and good company and always up for an adventure.

Thank you
Old 07-02-2012, 06:41   #19
cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Skeeko

Still adding to our list. I should mention that this would be later this year at the earliest--just trying to get some advance planning with crew going now.

Also I expect our next charter to be 2-3 weeks in the Caribbean but it's possible to try other waters too. We don't need experience--just a helping hand when needed. I'll teach a neophyte that's willing to learn.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:42   #20

Boat: 23' PaceShip Sloop 1974

Ahoy fellow explorers, this sounds like a fun trip. I just joined the forum here, waiting for my Captains License to get processed by the CG. Have owned my own 23' sailboat for 10 yrs with alot of Bay experience. I'm 52, not working FT, but have $ to pay my own way and time to do a trip. I can pass any BG check,was sub teaching and just got my TWIC card. I'm fit and love being on the water. I have sailed in the west indies yrs ago on a windjammer cruise. Left out of Dutch St. Marteen, great trip. I'm Looking to get some big water experience, and of course have some save fun along the way. Capt Jim
Old 08-02-2012, 08:00   #21

Hi,
We're a couple somewhat new to sailing, attended sailing school in Panama, New Mexico lakes and Vancouver BC. I'm American, 47yo and power engineer, she's 37 and Venezuelan, an accountant by training. I've traveled to 25 countries all over the world and fluent in 3 languages.
Begin learning sailing in 2008 and still have much to learn, read everything I can. I love it, she likes it.
I am semi-retired and neither of us has to work. We live in Northern Venezuela and just moving to Patagonia. We would be very interested crewing in your sailboat. We are both physically fit, I am an excellent cook and look for an adventure like this to continue adding to our sailing skills.

Regards,
Patrick
Old 09-02-2012, 21:56   #22

Boat: Catalina 27 - Handyman NO# 1229771
Send a message via MSN to tallyhorob

Just FYI- They are looking for someone to SHARE a charter with 2-3 weeks and would like it to be someone who can help with the sailing. They are not just looking for someone to move a boat with. You will have to pay your part of the charter expense. This is a great idea for sharing in a great vacation.
Post some more info on the charter it may help, about what time of year, possible costs, where you plan on starting from etc.
Might be up for it myself if the timing is right
Old 10-02-2012, 01:43   #23

who wants in charter come with russian skipper?
Old 10-02-2012, 14:23   #24
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyhorob View Post
Just FYI- They are looking for someone to SHARE a charter with 2-3 weeks and would like it to be someone who can help with the sailing. They are not just looking for someone to move a boat with. You will have to pay your part of the charter expense. This is a great idea for sharing in a great vacation.
Post some more info on the charter it may help, about what time of year, possible costs, where you plan on starting from etc.
Might be up for it myself if the timing is right
The cost are negotiable depending on the situation. We are not looking for a skipper or paid crew. We'd expect that person to arrive dockside on their own and pay for their own food and bar bill. Boat costs can range from zero to full share.

Time range is Nov. 2012 or later and location is any good charter location that suits. Most likely in the Caribbean for the next trip but not locked into that. At this point we're trying to enter into conversations with interested persons with the hope we'd find the right one by the time we make reservations.
Old 12-02-2012, 23:21   #25

Married couple, 50, both have ASA international cert, both very fit. Him- semi-retired engineer, Her- California board certified RN. Lead skippers to Cyclades Islands and southern Belize with 3x46' Cats. Very fun-loving, high-energy, nude friendly. Much more. Jerry& Candy
Old 13-02-2012, 09:13   #26

Most female sailors are smart enough to reef before the blow gets intense. It's only the blokes that make it happen the hard way....
Just sayin'
Old 15-02-2012, 12:15   #27
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrailsback View Post
Married couple, 50, both have ASA international cert, both very fit. Him- semi-retired engineer, Her- California board certified RN. Lead skippers to Cyclades Islands and southern Belize with 3x46' Cats. Very fun-loving, high-energy, nude friendly. Much more. Jerry& Candy
Send a PM with email please.
Old 15-02-2012, 14:08   #28

Hey! I have spent 3 weeks on a 46 foot catamaran in the BVI, I'm a certified US sailing instructor, rescue diver, and spend ice out to ice in on the water up in lake superior. Id love to head back south and be on the water, and help with anything! The best path is the one less traveled! I'd take a reef off a hiden cove over a busy port any day. Hope to hear from you!
Old 15-02-2012, 15:49   #29

hi if your still looking for crew i am marco island fl i have limited experienc but am in great psyical shape ..currently working as a massage therapist and want to log some hours before i purchase my live on sailboat
Old 17-02-2012, 12:18   #30

Hello, my name is Jeffrey and I am not experienced in sailing at all. I am 33 years old, very healthy, and I learn very quickly (especially when it is hands on). I will be in PA until the middle of March and then I am free to sail until July. j j m y l e s *at* l i v e *dot* com

Tags
charter, crew