Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2012, 16:28   #1

College Student Looking to Crew with a Family

Hi!
I am a 19-year-old university student in FL looking to crew this summer. I have a fair amount of sailing experience - I come from an old Key West sailing family - but not enough to consider myself a very experienced sailor. I am looking to crew on a boat anywhere this summer until Aug 18th - 20th, when I must return to university.
I would really, really like to crew on a boat with a family. I have a lot of experience working with children; I am the founder and president of a small non-profit organization for children. I do not smoke, and am a very light, occasional drinker only. I am CPR-certified and wonderful cook (in my humble opinion!). I enjoy anything - diving, fishing, snorkeling, paddling - on the water. If you would like any more information I would be more than happy to provide. However, I am open-minded to sailing with anyone if it seems like I am a good fit for your crew.

Cheers and best regards,
Lexi Allen
Old 07-07-2012, 16:41   #2

Boat: Moody 34
Re: College Student Looking to Crew with a Family

Thanks for your post - you seem to be the perfect crew mate for a family boat. My wife and I (and children at various ages) are not setting sail on the time frame you mentioned but please keep in touch as we have a Key Biscayne to Bahamas trip and a Boot Harbor/Marathon key to Cuba trip both are in planning stages - catamaran boat but have responsibilities to adhere to ashore off Chesapeake until next season- please keep in touch - you sound like a perfect fit - good luck in the meantime for this summer!

Tags
crew, family