Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-04-2013, 22:38   #1

Captain from Oceania to Europe

My name Shaked Cohen and I'm 24 years old.
I started sailing at 2003 in a nautical high school in Israel. Started with theory, exams and practical from Dinghies to 61 foot Iron Ketch sailing vessel. After four years I successfully graduated in June 2007. Received skipper certificate to handle any boat up to 24 meters (84 feet) motor and sailing vessels without engine size limitation. Sailed 3,000 nautical miles on that boat, both coastal and offshore all in Europe (Med).
I was the captain on a 6 persons racing boat. Also certified as PADI dive master and rescue diver certification and CPR First Aid certificate issued by Emergency First Response.

PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE: Ketch sailing vessel (see above). Worked as sailing instructor for special needs children and adults in Tel-aviv, Israel 2007/2008. Delivery skipper and crew on board of two vessels (beneteau 40f) in 2008. Joined Israeli Navy end of 2008 and attended Naval Officer School. Left Israeli army 2011. Resumed nautical experience as follows; four boat deliveries, (two Beneteau 40 feet and two Bavaria 42) (combined 4,000 Nautical Miles) in the Med. Crewed on Grand Soleil 45 (600 miles in the Med) crewed on 36 foot Gaff rigged wooden Ketch (Colin Archer) sailing vessel, delivery as Captain from Cyprus to Barcelona (Spain) on Oyster 56 foot (2,000 nautical Miles). Crewed on Hunter 50 foot from Golfito ( Cosa Rica) to the Merqueses via Galapagos (4200NM).
In total more then 14000 NM.

Looking for taking a boat from Oceania to Europe.

Recommendations will be sent if needed.
Coh.Shaked (at) gmail.com
Old 16-04-2013, 23:19   #2

Boat: never mind...
What a great life you've led to have that opportunity to be educated on the water at such a young age. I wish you a long life of safe passages across our seas.
Old 17-04-2013, 00:38   #3

Thanks mate!