Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-07-2013, 08:03   #16

Re: Australia - Indonesia - South Africa - Caribbean

Hi Kirk,

My name is Nicolas and I'd like very much to join your adventure. I'm a certified coach, doing sport and life coaching, computer geek and lifeguard by profession (CPR, first aid experience) and life is giving me the opportunity to live an old dream to go on a sailing voyage and I'd very much like to do so. I currently live in Singapore/Bali. I've also got my competent crew license from when I lived in Sydney, 4 years ago and have done a little sailing (HobieCat 18) in Singapore, so I'm not the best sailor but I'm very pro-active and immensely coachable so I know I'll be a great crew member. I'm also a decent cook so I shouldn't poison the crew when cooking.

Please let me know if you have a place on your Hylas, when you go through Singapore or Bali as I'd love to join.

Fair winds!

rigg4d At yahoo DOT COM
Old 18-07-2013, 10:17   #17

Hey kirk
I'm probably the least qualified candidate but still feel necessary to leave a post.
I'm 25 currently working at a guest ranch in Montana enjoying the summer in the mountains. I don't have experience sailing but eager to learn. I enjoy reading a lot and sailing has been favorite topic. Either way I'm would be available and feel privileged to ride along. I'm quick when it come to picking up things as well in great shape. I enjoy rock climbing, fishing, treking, and music.

Thanks for your time.

Also, for those who are reading this any suggestions on good literature on sailing? Looking for more know how on sailing. As well any good sailing school suggestions, I'm looking for the best place to learn. THanks!
Old 21-07-2013, 20:21   #18

Hi Kirk,
I tried to PM you but your box is full.. Here is the message that I was going to send:

Hi,
My wife and I just returned from San Diego, where our boat is/was and are currently in Sydney. We would love to continue our love of sailing especially with a certified captain and reliable boat!! My wife and I are medium experienced as I've been sailing off and on since the age of 12. We both love to cook and are very reliable for boat chores and watch.
Please let me know if it is is available and if you need anything from us. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Cheers,David
Old 24-07-2013, 21:40   #19

Hi Kirk,

Have a look at my little personal profile I just made. I'm a Trinidadian 25 year old guy, been living out of Trinidad for about 7 years, mostly in Canada and last year in Panama. I've made some big exciting life leaps recently, and sailing is in my blood.. A voyage of a few months at sea has been calling me for some time now.

As I say in my profile, I have some things lining up in Latin America and Trinidad right now, but if this seemed too right with you I might just put all that on hold. Might be able to be available from say mid-October. Legs of the trip I'd be interested in: Basically Bali onwards I'm dying to see that South Pacific area.. If it weren't possible this rounds, perhaps from January in South Africa heading back west to the Caribbean Waters..

Fair winds :-)

Jonny boy
Old 25-07-2013, 00:11   #20

hi kirk,
my girl friend and me want to go to indonesia soon, our dream is to go there by boat :we are surfers and we love the ocean. we are actually living in byron bay but ready to move asap. we love meeting people and we are ready to help for anything on board. we speak french, english, spanish and portuguese so let us know if ur interesting in our profile.
this is my mail if u want more information : joufflineau.martin@gmail.com
see u soon, a bientot, hasta pronto, ate logo
priscila & martin
Old 28-07-2013, 06:46   #21

Hi Kirk.

My Name is Geoff, I'm a 32 yo Aussie who lives in Canada. I'll be crewing leaving in a couple weeks from st martin down to Cape town (including 3 atlantic crossings). We arrive sometime in early december. If there was a spot still open to sale come Jan I'd be able to hangout until you leave and do it all over again!
If it suits and there is still room please let me know!

Cheers, Geoff
Old 30-07-2013, 00:19   #22

Hi Kirk, I cannot PM you as your quota has been exceeded, please clear some space as I am interested in your trip.

Aiden
Old 30-07-2013, 20:51   #23

Dear Kirk,

I only just read your post and I see you are leaving in August. If you don't already have your crew sorted, I was wondering if you have a departure date?

I am Vanessa, and I am living in Australia with my boyfriend. We are looking to get back to the US, but Trinidad would be close. We would love to accompany you the entire route (like i said, if you still have room). We both love to cook (Kevin is a professional chef), are clean, respectful, and really want to learn how to sail. Just thought I'd take a chance to sending a reply. Thanks!

Vanessa
Old 31-07-2013, 09:03   #24
AKr

Very interested in your trip. I was unable to send you a personal message, as your mailbox was full but sent an email instead. I can be available at any time for the right situation. I will not disappoint. Look forward to hearing from you asap.
Old 31-07-2013, 23:41   #25

Hi Kirk, can't PM you as system has exceeded your quota but I am definitely interested please send me a contact email address
Old 31-07-2013, 23:54   #26

Hi again!! I left you a message some time in June... I apreciate you are only collecting names, but... I would find it nice if you could get back to me and make clear if you are still looking for crew, and... if so, if you are considering me as an option... if not, all good, but... its always good to know where we stand I will be arriving Brisbane tomorow morning and headding to Byron that same day, but... I could always change plans in order to catch up and have a meeting with you.
Best regards,

Canario.
Old 04-08-2013, 15:59   #27

Hello Gallivanters,

I am currently based in New Zealand where my visa will expire in September.

I am willing to take a plane to get to wherever a boat is, and hopefully join on a sailing trip.

I have river and lake sailing experience. I have 'captained' boats (flying scot; rainbow) in these environments with crew that have never sailed before. Other than that I don't really have too much sailing experience but I am really interested in learning more.

I am a geographer at heart and am up for adventure! Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Cheers,
JJ

PS. You're message box is full apparently as I was declined sending you a private message.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:45   #28

Hi Kirk,
Are you already underway? I emailed you, but want to make sure you get my message, so will answer here as well. I have no sailing experience, but am super beautiful (inside, hee hee), pretty witty, extra fitty, not so twitty, and an excellent cook. I speak elementary Indonesian and am conversational in French. I can be there/anywhere immediately.
Cheers,
Emily
Old 05-08-2013, 10:37   #29

Boat: Kelsall Suncat 40
Kirk left Brisbane a couple of days ago. At sea right now heading north.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:52   #30

Thanks, Jimbo. Oh, too bad. Well, if you're a friend, let him know I can join anywhere.
Cheers.

Tags
Africa, Australia, Caribbean, Indonesia