Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2011, 17:32   #1

Anyone Heading from the Americas to French Polynesia Next Spring (2012) ?

G'day, mate! I'm an adventurous and hard-working chica (case in point, I'm still on an around-the-world solo journey, and am already planning my next adventure!). Next spring 2012 (ideally May, if possible), I would like to be part of a crew to earn my passage from the Americas (anywhere up or down the coast, but preferably through the Panama Canal) to French Polynesia where I'll be living for the foreseeable future (specifically in the Tuamotus, so it would be great if the beautiful atoll of Ahe was on our way). No, I don't have any sea experience except for the occasional rocky boat ride out to a scuba site or a secret island, but I definitely know how to roll up my sleeves and get dirty, so no worries about my mucking in! I'll be the perfect shipmate...

My dad was in the Navy before I was born, and I loved hearing his stories about the open sea, so I suppose he's my inspiration. Plus, I'm a writer and photographer by trade, so I'm always up for a grand adventure which could eventually equate to an amazing story! I'm curious to see what's out there in the middle of that great blue sea, and also know what it's like to become part of a team, before I settle down in French Polynesia (that was one of the places I volunteered at this year by working on a black pearl farm, so I completely fell in love with the people and the lifestyle).

I'm itching to get back out there to that little island in the middle of that great South Pacific, and would love to talk with you about the possibility soon! Please feel free to send me any questions or reference requests as needed, and I'll answer you just as soon as I have Internet access on the road. :-)

Cheers,
Christine
(P.S. There are a few more details about myself on my profile. Thanks for looking!)
Old 05-10-2011, 02:22   #2

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: We're technically refugees from our home in Yemen now living in Lebenon
Boat: 1978 CT48
Re: Anyone Heading from the Americas to French Polynesia Next Spring ?

Welcome to the forum Christine.
Old 24-10-2011, 13:47   #3

Boat: Downeaster 42' pilothouse sloop

hello, my name is Byron I own a 42' downeaster pilothouse sailboat..I am looking for crew, departing Puerto Vallarta, Mx late April sailing to Australia would you be interested?? contact me at byronalperstein@yahoo.com please send photo.. thanks
Old 18-11-2011, 22:45   #4

I will be leaving panama going to tahiti in March on my lagoon 380. Looking for 2 more crew members. Let me know if your interested.

Makai

Tags
French Polynesia